The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
GMtrucknut!!

Classic Performance Products complaints ?

Okay I have been having an issue with classic performance products I have installed a frame mounted master cylinder assembly and the proportioning valve gushes fluid from the metering valve end and the rear brake line end when I tried to bleed the system! I have spoken with two separate reps in their tech department and they are still wanting me to install a kit to repair their defective part!!The real kicker is that the kit is for the metering portion which has nothing to do with the rear also leaking. Has anyone else had problems with these people....
GMtrucknut!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
OKGMC4

Re: Classic Performance Products complaints ?

Only you, me, and anyone else who buys from them. Check out this part of the board for reporting bad vendors...CPP comes up again and again. We live and learn.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...ysprune=&f=122

69 long bed Chevy turned 67 gmc jimmy roadster:
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851167
OKGMC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

CCPJEFF has helped several guys with CPP issues, give him a PM and hopefully he can help you. realize he is only one man and low on the food chain, but he will at least try for you.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKGMC4 View Post
Only you, me, and anyone else who buys from them. Check out this part of the board for reporting bad vendors...CPP comes up again and again. We live and learn.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...ysprune=&f=122
If you come up to the plate as many times as we do you will strikeout, i personally love the forums but 90% of these complaints could be fixed through contacting the vendor or myself for that matter before posting the complaint. Keep in mind if i have no visibility i will never be able to fix the issue.
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMtrucknut!! View Post
Okay I have been having an issue with classic performance products I have installed a frame mounted master cylinder assembly and the proportioning valve gushes fluid from the metering valve end and the rear brake line end when I tried to bleed the system! I have spoken with two separate reps in their tech department and they are still wanting me to install a kit to repair their defective part!!The real kicker is that the kit is for the metering portion which has nothing to do with the rear also leaking. Has anyone else had problems with these people....
Ok so it leaks under that rubber cap and it also leaks at the rear also? If that is the case to me it sounds like you need a valve replacement, if it leaks under just that rubber cap i would just pop a new metering valve in it as the rubber o rings inside sometimes get hungup forcing a leak.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
OKGMC4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
If you come up to the plate as many times as we do you will strikeout, i personally love the forums but 90% of these complaints could be fixed through contacting the vendor or myself for that matter before posting the complaint. Keep in mind if i have no visibility i will never be able to fix the issue.
I work in healthcare and DO come to the plate, or people suffer. In my particular case CPP didn't even send me the right parts for the job. Your side fill kit is a joke. I wouldn't expect a marine hose meant for water to handle fuel on a regular basis, but I know why they use it instead...it's cheaper. Didn't even get the right number of clamps to finish the job with the kit. And a piece of 1.5" exhaust pipe meant to adapt a stiff 2" hose to 1.5"? Really? It's not that I'm angry with CPP any more it's just that someone asked and I gave an opinion based on personal experience. I rarely give any vendor a second chance once they've messed up real badly.

69 long bed Chevy turned 67 gmc jimmy roadster:
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851167
OKGMC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
AusTx68

I have several CPP parts on my truck and have had no problems. I will certainly continue to buy their products. My only complaint is with their website. They could learn a lot from Summit Racing's website.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKGMC4 View Post
I work in healthcare and DO come to the plate, or people suffer. In my particular case CPP didn't even send me the right parts for the job. Your side fill kit is a joke. I wouldn't expect a marine hose meant for water to handle fuel on a regular basis, but I know why they use it instead...it's cheaper. Didn't even get the right number of clamps to finish the job with the kit. And a piece of 1.5" exhaust pipe meant to adapt a stiff 2" hose to 1.5"? Really? It's not that I'm angry with CPP any more it's just that someone asked and I gave an opinion based on personal experience. I rarely give any vendor a second chance once they've messed up real badly.
Wow i am very sorry about this, we have sold this kit this way for a long time, one thing i will do is send this response to the engineers as we are constantly trying to better our product line. I am not really sure i follow what you mean about coming to the plate or people suffer, i come to the plate all the time and will help anyone anytime i can, i dont work in healthcare i work in the classic car industry which healthcare sounds like life and death this sounds like a problem with a truck that is truly your passion but honestly 2 different scales in my opinion, if you need my help feel free to contact me at 888-522-8303 ext 118. Thanks for all your yor comments.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #9
GMtrucknut!!

Well after contacting the tech service dept. ,who seemed a little less than eager to help I ended up having them sell me a new valve and then I have to send mine(the first one I received )back so they can decide if it's defective! So CPP really wants to help?Hmmmm..... IT LEAKS FLUID AFTER EVEN INSTALLING THEIR KIT TO FIX IT!!!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #10
solidaxel

Did the second valve leak in the same place as the first one, at the brake line nut?
53 TuTone Extended Cab 350 4-Spd 3:08 (SOLD)
53 Chevy Moldy pearl green ZZ-4 4L60E 9" 3:25
55 GMC 1st Black Mll (ZZ4) ZZ6 TKO 600 5 sp 3:73
62 Solidaxle Corvette Roman Red (327
340hp 4spd 3:36) C4 & C5 suspension tube chassis
LS 3 4L70E
65 Corvette Coupe 327 350hp 4spd 4:11
78 Black Silverado SWB (350/350) 5.3 & 4L60E 3:42
2000 S-Type 3.0 (wife cruiser)
2003 GMC SCSB 5.3 4L60E 3:42
solidaxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #11
GMtrucknut!!

Still waiting on the second one to get here .I put the kit in just to satisfy their tech dept.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
GMtrucknut!!

It actually leaks from the top where there is a rubber plug that is held in by a small clip on the rear brake line fitting on the valve
Old 05-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #13
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Well after contacting the tech service dept. ,who seemed a little less than eager to help I ended up having them sell me a new valve and then I have to send mine(the first one I received )back so they can decide if it's defective! So CPP really wants to help?Hmmmm..... IT LEAKS FLUID AFTER EVEN INSTALLING THEIR KIT TO FIX IT!!!!!
Just curious which salesman did you talk to?
Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #14
GMtrucknut!!

I have dealt with Randy Moore through this ordeal.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #15
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Ok i appreciate your info, so at this point have you been taking care of? Please advise. Thanks.. In defense of the way the salesman handled the prop valve with sending you the replacement part that normally fixes the issue, the way he was less than excited to help you have my deepest appologies for that.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #16
GMtrucknut!!

No I haven't been taken care of I still have to ship the first one back at my expense! And hope that they will credit me the cost back ,and at this point I will be out the shipping and I still have to pay for one until they credit me.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #17
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
No I haven't been taken care of I still have to ship the first one back at my expense! And hope that they will credit me the cost back ,and at this point I will be out the shipping and I still have to pay for one until they credit me.
Ok outside of all the shipping costs is there anything else we need to figure out? Thats easy i can help you on a future order and help you with whatever those shipping costs were If you want you can call me direct at 888-522-8303 ext 118.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #18
GMtrucknut!!

Well I still have paid for the one which should be here Thursday,so until they credit me back for the one which I had to purchase and credit me for the shipping on the first one back I am no where near taken care of . I understand parts issues arise every now and then , not every supplier has a 100% perfect record ,but this is kinda silly! So until I am credited back the shipping and the cost of the second valve I feel that no I am not taken care of.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #19
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Well I still have paid for the one which should be here Thursday,so until they credit me back for the one which I had to purchase and credit me for the shipping on the first one back I am no where near taken care of . I understand parts issues arise every now and then , not every supplier has a 100% perfect record ,but this is kinda silly! So until I am credited back the shipping and the cost of the second valve I feel that no I am not taken care of.
Ok well atleast one is on the way. I will talk with them about the credit. We carry a lifetime warranty on our merchandise but do not cover any shipping, sorry for all the confusion.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #20
GMtrucknut!!

Well in all fairness what should have happened was the defective part should have been replaced no questions asked and a replacement sent with a return shipping tag inside the box.The brake system has not even been bled due to this defective proportioning valve. I have dealt with many manufactors in my 30+ years of working on automobiles and the warranty policy on the part of CPP is less than desirable. If this is standard procedure then your upper management should review it as I am sure that I am not the only customer who has felt the unfairness of it.This issue is not just the shipping its about quality products and quality service after the sale. Without customers you and every employee there are not needed.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #21
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Well in all fairness what should have happened was the defective part should have been replaced no questions asked and a replacement sent with a return shipping tag inside the box.The brake system has not even been bled due to this defective proportioning valve. I have dealt with many manufactors in my 30+ years of working on automobiles and the warranty policy on the part of CPP is less than desirable. If this is standard procedure then your upper management should review it as I am sure that I am not the only customer who has felt the unfairness of it.This issue is not just the shipping its about quality products and quality service after the sale. Without customers you and every employee there are not needed.
Ok read what you said and keep in mind i am just an "employee" willing to help out and give you any information i can on policies and procedures whether its the news you want to hear or not, with that said warrantys are always tough, customer has a vehicle down and we understand that, the problem is the warranty is with the part you ordered, when a customer has a warranty we bring the part back and either replace the part of repair the part in question they dont just send out replacements with ARS labels. Now i agree u could always request upper management as another avenue but in all honesty the salesman was simply following procedure. As i said before nobody likes when somebody has an issue an fortunately we dont deal with tons of warrantys because the customer has one idea of how it should be handled and CPP has policies in place that not always what the customer wants to hear.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #22
GMtrucknut!!

Well it's not as if I haven't ever had a defective part and I am positive that the supplier will refund the cost of the product to CPP. Therefore they should be willing to do whatever is needed to keep customers coming back. You mentioned that you would make the shipping up on future orders but with the service that I have received at this point I can not guarantee that I will be back . When the dust settles ,you recieve the defective part ,and then we discuss my credit then I will make that choice.
Jeff I understand you are only an employee and you are putting up a valiant effort but
the flip side is you alone should not have to fight thier battles . Until they change the policy you will be stuggling with this issue. Like I had previuosly stated they will go back on thier supplier . I doubt they manufactor this product and in the end CPP will get refunded and so should any other person involved.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #23
solidaxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
Ok read what you said and keep in mind i am just an "employee" willing to help out and give you any information i can on policies and procedures whether its the news you want to hear or not, with that said warrantys are always tough, customer has a vehicle down and we understand that, the problem is the warranty is with the part you ordered, when a customer has a warranty we bring the part back and either replace the part of repair the part in question they dont just send out replacements with ARS labels. Now i agree u could always request upper management as another avenue but in all honesty the salesman was simply following procedure. As i said before nobody likes when somebody has an issue an fortunately we dont deal with tons of warrantys because the customer has one idea of how it should be handled and CPP has policies in place that not always what the customer wants to hear.
I am not so sure that was the best policy for your company to get any further business from me.

Thaks for bringing this policy to my attention.

My policy is simple, I send you money you send me a PERFECT product that is as good as my money you are spending.

I have yet to get a refund on a perfect product, because my money was no good.
53 TuTone Extended Cab 350 4-Spd 3:08 (SOLD)
53 Chevy Moldy pearl green ZZ-4 4L60E 9" 3:25
55 GMC 1st Black Mll (ZZ4) ZZ6 TKO 600 5 sp 3:73
62 Solidaxle Corvette Roman Red (327
340hp 4spd 3:36) C4 & C5 suspension tube chassis
LS 3 4L70E
65 Corvette Coupe 327 350hp 4spd 4:11
78 Black Silverado SWB (350/350) 5.3 & 4L60E 3:42
2000 S-Type 3.0 (wife cruiser)
2003 GMC SCSB 5.3 4L60E 3:42
solidaxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #24
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidaxel View Post
I am not so sure that was the best policy for your company to get any further business from me.

Thaks for bringing this policy to my attention.

My policy is simple, I send you money you send me a PERFECT product that is as good as my money you are spending.

I have yet to get a refund on a perfect product, because my money was no good.
Sorry you feel this way, defective parts are the worst, thank god we only get a very minimal amount of those! Anytime someone gets a defective part or doesn't the the perameters of the company policy they will always be sure to bring it to the boards for discussion, we currently house 22 phone lines in the building and they are lit allday long, we must be doing something right. Sorry for your experience.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #25
GMtrucknut!!

Well the part arrived and I have bled the brakes ? Guess what they now work and the new proportioning valve doesn't leak! Now CPPJEFF lets see what happens when I return the old one back to your place of business. TO BE CONTINUED..............