The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2017, 02:36 AM   #1
91z71

Sad day today for my old truck...

It's been a long time since I browsed this forum and figured I'd post up what happened today. I sold my 91 about 2 months ago and ended up buying an f150 (I know, I know... It was a good price at the right time) and the person I sold my truck to, who is a close friend about killed themselves in it today.

The truck hit the median at about 65mph and sent it into a roll. It ended up rolling 4 times according to my buddy who was in it and the bystanders that watched it happen. Crushed the passenger side roof in, but the driver's side was still intact, fortunately. He lived and ended up crawling out the back window after it was all said and done.

The side of the pillars was all bondo'd up from an accident a long long time ago that was never reported... the passenger side didn't look like the roof held at all. I am extremely grateful this didn't happen to me while I owned the truck and very grateful that my friend made it out with only feeling extremely sore.

He was in the middle of repainting it, which is why the hood and tailgate is a different color.

After the wreck:

Picture of when I had it, just for reference:
91z71 is offline   Reply With Quote