The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-18-2020, 04:03 AM   #1
MiraclePieCo

Scary Halloween Pumpkin

The scariest Halloween pumpkin of all!
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2020, 08:53 AM   #2
8man

Re: Scary Halloween Pumpkin

That's a good one.
Build thread: "]http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=746899&highlight=wife%27s+48[/URL]
[/URL]http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=840204
8man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:04 AM   #3
MARTINSR

LOLOLOL yep! Funny story on those lights. My wife drives a Subaru Crosstrek. Over the last few weeks every once in a while the dash has three lights on including ABS. They will be on randomly every few days for one drive, then they are gone. Yesterday when I drove it I couldn't pull it out of park at the store and it took turning it off and on a few times before I could put it in gear. I came home and told her, this is it, take it Monday to the dealer. So that was the plan.

A few minutes later she walked in with a letter she had gotten in June about a recall and it included the very things that are happening to it! Geeeez, she didn't remember all the stuff as it only talked about "brake lights" at the beginning of the letter.

Cool, I get it fixed for free!

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:31 PM   #4
1project2many

That's a cool one.

I've been dealing with the SES or Check Engine light for years. They turn on but the vehicle owner doesn't usually bother getting it looked at unless something is noticeably wrong. The low tire pressure warning is far worse imo. How is it we managed to drive around with low tires for so many years with no worries, but now that a yellow light comes on it's treated like an emergency that needs immediate attention.
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:06 AM   #5
MARTINSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
That's a cool one.

I've been dealing with the SES or Check Engine light for years. They turn on but the vehicle owner doesn't usually bother getting it looked at unless something is noticeably wrong. The low tire pressure warning is far worse imo. How is it we managed to drive around with low tires for so many years with no worries, but now that a yellow light comes on it's treated like an emergency that needs immediate attention.
Yep!

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:34 PM   #6
mr48chev

Oh that is a good one.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:25 PM   #7
vintovka

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
That's a cool one.

Tire check light came on in middle of important trip with brand new Mazda CX-9 packed to gills with luggage for 1400 mile trip. Early morning, lonely strip of I-5 and no visible low tires. but scary. Pulled into a Schwab and sat in waiting room. Went to check on it and found all our luggage piled neatly on the concrete behind car in bay!!.. The spare was low!!!!
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 11:21 AM   #8
dsraven

yeah, but vintovka, what if.........
I usually get the heads up days after a light comes on in the wifes car. what was it doing? was it the start of a drive or in the middle? what speeds? did the light stay on for the whole trip and not come on again? did you stop and check under the hood-the basics? etc etc.
i get, ummm, I dunno (insert smiles and eye blinking).
my daughter? different story. phone call right away, comes and grabs my code reader and does a scan, checks online for a possible fix from the code reader results, then tells me what she thinks it might be from youtube school of auto repair and asks when "we" can fix it. usually wants to borrow my truck too.
haha.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:44 PM   #9
mr48chev

LOL on me: I picked up a pretty decent looking little OT (not even Chevy) 4x4 extended cab pickup a few weeks ago real cheap and got it cheap because it doesn't run too good. Check engine light is on so I think no problem I'll plug my scanner in and see what it says. That truck is one model earlier than the ones with scanner ports I figured out after spending an hour looking for the port.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:46 PM   #10
1project2many

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
yeah, but vintovka, what if.........
I usually get the heads up days after a light comes on in the wifes car. what was it doing? was it the start of a drive or in the middle? what speeds? did the light stay on for the whole trip and not come on again? did you stop and check under the hood-the basics? etc etc.
i get, ummm, I dunno (insert smiles and eye blinking).
my daughter? different story. phone call right away, comes and grabs my code reader and does a scan, checks online for a possible fix from the code reader results, then tells me what she thinks it might be from youtube school of auto repair and asks when "we" can fix it. usually wants to borrow my truck too.
haha.
I'm wondering if the mystery check engine light ever comes on after you're not happy with the half price blue can of oven cleaner?
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote