The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2007, 03:52 AM   #1
rough69

Help me wire up my 200-4R lockup

Just a few questions here as I'm hoping I can also help a few others save some money too.

Just pulled a 200-4R automatic from a '84 V8 Caddilac and it has low miles and looks to be in great shape.

I am running a Holley #3310 750 cfm carb on my 350 and want to get these Holley made TV cable brackets instead of the $100+ BTO kit.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

With those can I hook up my TV cable and adjust it on my carb properly, without the need for a universal TV and the above mentioned expensive BTO kit?

My next question is how exactly should I wire up the converter lockup.

Does it operate the same as the 700R4? Because the only diagrams I have seen are for the 700.

Also, I have the 4 pin brake switch and could easily get the vacuum switch, do I just wire those through a key on 12V source to Pin A on the transmission or is it more complicated than that?

Basically I'm trying to use the parts I have (and I'm plenty competent with wiring) and make the lockup function properly in 4th gear and disconnect on braking & all that, for the least amount of cabbage.

THANK YOU! I can't wait for the OD! These 4.11 gears + TH350 have been killing me.

rough69

Last edited by rough69; 07-22-2007 at 03:53 AM.
rough69 is offline   Reply With Quote