The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
izonme13

Anyone installed this 4 link setup?

Im looking at installing a chris alston 4 link setup. not a back half frame. Just buying their 4 link with front crossmember, diagonal panhard and qa1 coilovers. They quoted me a price of $1185.00. It would have adjustability, I want a street truck, but wouldnt mind taking it out to the strip occasionally either. Wondered if anyone has installed one? this is the webpage of the 4 link style Im looking at http://www.cachassisworks.com/p-334-...3x2-mount.aspx thanks!
izonme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
yukon ratrod

Re: Anyone installed this 4 link setup?

I installed one in a friends 46 international pick-up. very easy to install. just make sure that your at ride height when you install. your wheel base changes as the truck goes up or down, so if your not at ride height your front crossmember will be in the wrong spot and once lowered you will find your wheel base off ! been there and done that!!! not a proud moment!lol live and learn I guess! mind over metal I always say!!
yukon ratrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:39 AM   #3
BigBlocksRule

Bottom of page 34 in the online S&W Racecars catalog. Very similar to what you're looking at for a better price. They also have budget coilovers that use a stock type shock, you can get the entire kit with shocks for around $500 or so. My bars are going to be a lot longer than those, so I'm having mine built locally.
BigBlocksRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
bondobob

I used a No Limit adjustable 4 link and really liked it. The panhard bar is 30" long vs: most of the others use short ones. The long bar was a bit of a pain to get level at ride height but I got it.
bondobob is offline   Reply With Quote