The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
wishididntsellit

95-99 seats in a 88-94 DO fit

This is probably already on here somewhere but i just figure i'd add my input... I just put power seats from a 1997 tahoe in a 1994 suburban. They bolted right in,no problem there. Wasn't so lucky with the wiring but still not hard at all. The plug from the suburban was different so i cut both plugs off and hooked up the wires directly. All three orange wires together,the power from the truck,the larger wire from the seat for the seat adjustment,and the smaller wire from the seat for the power lumbar. Then the black wires together for ground. Worked great. Don't know what the pink wire from the seat is for... I didn't hook up the power lumbar in the passenger seat but it's just a power and ground like the driver seat so it's easy enough to do...

This is the plug from the 97 driver seat. It's a female plug with four wires.

This is the plug from the 94 suburban (power supply to the seat). Not only was it a different shape but it was also a female plug.

Just a note... If you have a passenger seat that slides forward so you can get in the back (2dr blazer/tahoe and extended cab truck) the seat base is different so the newer seat won't bolt in. The way around it is to take the old seat off the base and put the new seat on the old base,should bolt right on...

Doug
wishididntsellit is offline   Reply With Quote