The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #1
Hart_Rod

Thumbs up New Product: CHUBTUBZ, shortened rear wheel tubs for slammed trucks!

**** Summer Sale through the 31 May 2017!! 15% off of the CT44s and CT47s! ****

UPDATED PRICING on ChubTubz For C10s!!!!

Due to some streamlining in our manufacturing process, we have been able to reduce the cost of production. Soooooo, I'm going to pass that on to our customers!!!

NEW PRICING:

CT44's - $550 + Shipping (10-12" wide wheel and tire)
CT47's - $650 + Shipping (15" wide wheel and tire)

Paypal preferred or Check or USPS money order.

If you have any question on fitment, please inquire! (text at 850-2NINE1-0499 or PM)

"ChubTubz!"

"Designed for the 67-87 C10s, they will also work for the 60-66 with a small amount of fiberglass work."

For the last 4 years I've been working on building a 1968 SWB that has a front and rear Porterbuilt extreme dropmember setup. Because of the large step notch in the rear, I had to raise my bed floor to clear it. This obviously created a problem with the rear wheel tubs being to tall to fit.

You can approach making the rear tubs many different ways, but I chose to try and make them look as stock as possible. So I built a set of steel ones that I shortened by 4" and widened by 1". I also made the tubs contour to the inner bed panel to fully achieve a factory fit and appearance.

Each tub required 2 factory tubs and about 15 hours worth of work to build. I know a lot of guys don't have the tools, skills, or the time to spend building these and paying someone to build a set of steel ones is cost prohibitive. So after I finished making my set of steel ones, I decided to talk to a local boat shop that does fiberglass mold building. Once I was convinced that we could make a good part that would be economically feasible, I had them pull a mold off of one my steel tubs. After I was sure of the fit and finish, I'm now ready to produce them for sale. They are designed for the 67-72 trucks, but with some small modifications, they will also work for the 73-87 trucks. Initial price will be $500/set + shipping. You can text me at 850-291-0499 or email me at robhartley@aol.com if you have any specific questions

Here are some photos of the original steel tubs that I made, and pictures of the fiberglass tubs. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks - Rob
Attached Images

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 05-16-2017 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Title edit
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote