The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-29-2019, 08:50 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Craigslist scammerz

I only do e-mails until we have a deal going, then they get my number. It's real simple with scammers... or people who just don't know how to deal properly. There is one rule to adhere to that makes all the rest butt simple and that is: "I always establish the terms of my own sale, not the buyer". It's that simple. As soon as the guy in Guana or my next door neighbor starts telling me how it's going to go a huge red flag goes up and I put a stop to that and simply refer to my above statement. There isn't much black & white in this world of grey areas, but there is no grey in this... just black & white.

I had my '71 wrecker on Craigslist a couple times. I'd get the scammers I'd delete and I'd get, "What is the best price you can do on it?". My reply, "Come take a look and tell me why you think it's isn't worth what I'm asking". You get a ton of wanna be flippers and you get some who actually want it for themselves. The flippers want something for nothing so they can make a profit. It's up to you and how bad you want to get rid of the thing whether you deal with them or not. You list something cheap and they want it cheaper. I never had anyone actually come look at the truck, just try to get it for less over the phone. So next time I listed it I raised the price by 50%. I figured people were thinking it wasn't so great at my price, so I bumped it up and sold it right away to a guy in Upstate NY... who took it home to put on Craigslist for more!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:21 PM   #27
abig84

Tried selling a computer monitor on eBay. First auction ended with a scammer from another country even though i put USA only, wanted me to ship it to a friend and will pay me way more then it was worth, etc. second time guy bought it then backed it said his wife is going to kill him if he buys it. Tried second chance offers to both 2nd place bidders with no response back.

Was gonna list it locally then thought about all the idiots are going to want to hook it up or do some other weird stuff and probably not show up half the time. Haven’t sold anything on eBay in like 10 years now i remember why
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:49 PM   #28
midniteblues

Lately anytime i make a cl ad i get a text back in a few minutes of posting it saying...

My mom is interested in buying your cl electronic items.

I want so bad too take that text and exploit it in some very rude ways but im too respectfull of anyones mom.

Ive read so many horror stories of cashiers checks that if someone even mentions them i instanly think scam.

I dont understand cl buyers that dont ever show up at a agreed time multible times then when the item sells and the ad is deleted they send a im coming for it now text. Lol

Ive certainly had some super strange ones too.
Once i got a call from new york.

The fella said hey I'll be over in a 20 minutes too pick up the blah blah blah you have on cl
Ok i said you sure about the 20 minutes?
Yhea he says i already left two hours ago an my gps says im 20 min from your town....It was a great transaction but what if i wasnt home

Or how about a call from Saskatchewan with the guy saying he will be by later in the evening to pick up a go cart i was selling.

Sure enough he showed up at his givin time.
turned out he was a airline pilot still dressed as such and was passing through my area while traveling back home for a weekend.
'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 12:44 PM   #29
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

I just got this one this morning. I asked him which of my 55 craigslist items he was attempting to scam me out of

I'm very interested.
Is it in good condition?Is it still available?
I don't check craigslist Reply mail.
If you are still interested in selling,
text me to ------>
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:05 PM   #30
special-K
Special Order

Yes it's in good condition and yes it's still available. Are you still interested? If you are, you'll need to check your Craigslist reply mail

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote