The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-24-2018, 11:55 AM   #1
wahl4m

security ideas ??

just had my carryall out for a drive -parked it for a few minutes in a secure area _ i thought ?? came back & somebody smashed the front window ! it was a new one a few months ago!i guess im going to have to step up to some kind of interior cameras or alarms ? any ideas ?
wahl4m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:46 PM   #2
Indian113

Re: security ideas ??

Hey Now - That Ain't Iowa Nice!
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:50 PM   #3
Cooper197

I have an alarm in my truck wired with an ignition cutoff. It interrupts the power feed to the HEI when the truck is locked. If you open a door, the hood or it senses a loud noise, such as somebody banging on the glass, it will go off.

Not sure how helpful the actual alarm is, seems like nobody pays attention to those anymore. The starter interrupt on the other hand seems more usable. The wires go back behind the fusebox so it would be very difficult for a thief to tell there is a cutoff, the wires are loomed so tightly that it would be hard to trace back too.
Cooper197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:21 PM   #4
wahl4m

anybody have any brands they like better? these old 60-66 trucks are about the easiest to steal- many other keys fit & they come apart real easy to jump the wire plug in back & drive off ?? i use a locking fork on the steering wheel ! i also want to find a camara set up -so i can identify the scumbag & show him the head knocker behind the seat!you know what was bad about my window getting broke was -we was with-in about 50 feet -of the car most of the time -except 15 minute we walked inside a open building -with a couple of huge open doors ! i guess if id had a alarm -it would of went off as they had to sneak up behind car & do a reach around in the right door area & smash my glass?? i would have heard alarm & run them down -as there was open area for around 1300 feet & i would of seen them !i almost caught some people at "good guys " in des moines ia -last yr.-my back slider windows - were open & I was 1 car over talking to a guy & heard a metal sound hit the blacktop by my car ! i looked over & seen a dirt bag with his hand in the slider window ! i know he was tring to pry the window catches off the window -i was right there by him & was ready to mash him & he knew it ! now -all sliders -are locked shut !
wahl4m is offline   Reply With Quote