The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-06-2019, 11:28 PM   #151
toms68cst

Re: Things that annoy: "AC Works, but"

Or the guys who plug up the classifieds with listings for rusted-out, moused-out, field fresh 70's and 80's four-door sedans that nobody wants. Then when they don't sell, they relist them in a few weeks. Usually these get promoted as "Derby cars"

TREASURER, Drum Brake Club.
toms68cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #152
71gmcC15

I know ""the ran when parked "one has already bean taliked about but. My dad bought an 80s chevy pickup that was said to run when parked. Pulled the motor to find a rare two peace cam shaft. Should of said. It stopped running so it got parked. And the" it used to run." They all used to.
04 chevy Silverado 1500 ext cab 5.3 4l60e.
81 chevy Scottsdale k10 muncie sm465 Np208 10 bolt 8.2 ( Old Green)
71gmcC15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:46 PM   #153
Martyt

"must see to appreciate" Look pal, I can see plenty clearly from my computer screen if you would post pictures that didn't look like a 1970s 7-11 hold up video.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:30 AM   #154
Sparky dave

For sale 15k. Worth 40k when finished!
Sparky dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:29 AM   #155
dirtyjim

I've had a few that the ac worked just needed recharged. my vacuum pump died while I had three trucks down for various ac repairs and all of the local shops wanted more that the cost of a new vacuum pump to pull down and recharge just one truck.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:02 PM   #156
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

Another gripe...

This is another pet peeve of mine. This commonly happens on FeeBay and Dregslist and I am sure many on here have seen this. Example:

"For Sale: 1967-72 Chevy Truck C10/20/30 Inner Fender & Outer Fender" (ad does NOT say GMC)

Now for the reality:
67 C10 fenders are standalone.
68 C10 fenders are standalone (except for GMCs)
69 - 72 C10 fenders are compatible.

But this clown has a universal version fender that is compatible with ALL the listed years! NOT!!!!

This incorrect information is SO annoying, and I see it all the time!! It makes it difficult to find what I really need, because 9 out of 10 times the fenders advertised as such are 69 - 72. I am surprised that FeePay does not penalize the sellers for posting incorrect information and possibly selling it under the wrong description.
PROJECT JIGSAW 1967 GMC C3500
GREAT WHITE 1986 Blazer M1009

Last edited by HIGHWAY BY THE SEA; 07-14-2019 at 12:07 AM.
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:53 PM   #157
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

Here is ANOTHER thing that annoys me!! I log onto FeeBay and do a search for 67 72 parts or trucks. An ad pops up that has a picture of a COMPLETE truck, then you look closer, the ad is ONLY for a single part!!!
Those "entire truck" pictures are a PAIN because they make me initially think that there is just such a truck for sale, or it has a visible part that I would like to buy that is NOT listed as "for sale". They also do not show you the part that they are advertising!! So if you need said part, its condition is anyone's guess.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:43 AM   #158
special-K
Special Order

^^^ That one should not be allowed to happen on Ebay. They are a party to the fraud for allowing it. Any and all pictures shown in any listing should only be the actually item for sale, unless it is made very clear what the non-item for sale picture is shown for*. Certainly the main picture, the one that shows before you even open the listing, should absolutely only be the actual item for sale.

* Example: I listed my son's '86 M1009 Blazer on Craigslist recently with plenty of pictures. It's complete but he let it get in pretty rough condition so I listed it for cheap. I actually listed it as parts vehicle sold complete, part or fix up. Price was great to anybody who knows a little bit and was firm. For all the buttheads who are still going to try to lowball or nitpick the thing I posted a picture of the '85 Diesel Jimmy I had that people everywhere I went commented on. It was a cheap vehicle I only did a few things to and didn't have much money into when done. I actually made money on it. I stated along with that picture "Here is what you don't get for $1,500".

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #159
67C10Step

This first one is more on buyers. Was selling an atv a number of years ago and had a guy call me and tell me he was coming to look at it that afternoon. Cool. Second guy calls me and inquires about looking at it the next day. I tell guy number 2 that would be great but guy number 1 is coming to look that day and I'd let him know if it was still available. Well, guy number 1 drives it and never asks me about taking less. Hands me cash, loads up, and leaves. I am a happy seller. Call guy number 2 to inform him the machine is gone and he starts chewing me out for "screwing" him. I just hung up.

This one happened to me on craigslist just this week. I am looking for a set of 15" six lug rally wheels. See an add where a person has both a set of five and six lug rallys for sale. When I contacted him the six lug were gone but I have been considering swapping my truck to 5x5 so I ask what the pattern and width is on the five lug. The response was "I don't know, they came off a truck." At this point I am not certain they even know what they have so I did not respond. Arrgghh! I used to trip over six lug rallys everywhere I went until I wanted a set.

I also tend to be the biggest critic of my stuff for sale. I don't like wasting my time or others time so I try to get everyone's expectations set before hand.
67C10Step is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:12 PM   #160
HO455
Post Whore

This guy's ad! The farther I read the more annoyed I became.
First off by telling everyone the new owner won't use it for a daily driver and will be financial able to maintain it by the current owners standards.
Second off stating its "all original". Then half of his 2500 word monologue is describing all the aftermarket additions.
Third: No where in the ad is the mileage stated.
Forth: Stating that it is a rare 1969 1/2 because it was built in December of 1969.
And finally ending with the contact instructions about leaving a note under a rock in some park somewhere!
Uuuuugggghhh.
Okay I might have exaggerated the part about a note under a rock.

I'm sure there was more but, that's enough ranting for now.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/...954580674.html

For Sale: A “Very Rare” 1970 (1969-1/2) Jeep Wagoneer “Custom Standard” for only $22,995 (USD) Cash! NO “Trades” Please!!!

Yes, it’s a Kaiser-Jeep, the last year produced and a one of a kind “Rare Find”! And it’s a gem!

This classic is virtually all stock with matching numbers and looks like it’s right off the showroom floor.

It’s been in the family since new… initially my grandfather ordered it through the dealership from the factory in mid-to-late 1969, then sold it to my dad, who sold it to me. So it’s a “One-Family Owner” vehicle for the past 49 years. And I’ve done my best to be a good steward to this amazingly versatile vehicle. The first “full size luxury” Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV)… before they called them that.

I’m still working full-time as an owner of multiple businesses, so my special family treasure needs to find a new home with an Owner that has the finance and time resources available to keep it in great shape and enjoy it as a “non-daily driver” vehicle.

The vehicle is in exceptional condition for its vintage, but needs a TLC type owner to keep it in great mechanically and visually buff condition. And there’s still enough time to complete any finishing touches a buyer may desire for its upcoming 50th Anniversary next year! And yes, along its journey to this point in time virtually everything has been rebuilt at least once at some point along the way, and it now spends most of its time under the car cover as a "collector vehicle".

If you can find a better history, original matching number condition, visually appealing, and exceptionally well maintained, “1970 Kaiser-Jeep Custom Standard”, for a lower price… BUY IT!

Basic Information:

Kaiser-Jeep VIN Number 1414C-309418, and Manufactured by Kaiser-Jeep Corporation in December 1969 (that's why it's a 1969-1/2)

Original Buick (GM) Drive Train:
• Buick “Dauntless 350 CID V-8” w/stock 2-bbl and its original “Dauntless 350” Logo’d air cleaner housing.
• GM 400 THM Transmission (just rebuilt)
• Dana 30 Front Differential
• Dana 44 Rear Limited-slip Differential
• Warn Hubs, original Model 60
• New Firestone brand 235/75-R15 All-Season Radial Tires and full size spare, all on the original...
• Factory Steel rims with the original 4 Kaiser-Jeep Logo’d and WarnHub-centering Hubcaps
• Dealer Air Conditioning (added when originally purchased)
• Factory Power Steering
• Factory Power Brakes
• Interior: The rear seat is the Original “Buff” color with accent pattern Fabric seat inlays with Vinyl trim, the front seat has been redone a number of times with a similar color and fabric and vinyl trim.
• Exterior Color: Sikkens/AkzoNobel brand “Vintage Gold” (a beautiful pristine gold color with full length dual color-paired pin-striping
• Roof Rack: Original Custom Stainless Steel longitudinal and cross-bars, plus roof protective stainless steel mat, and newly Re-Chrome Stanchions and roof mounting bases
• 3-section newly re-plated “Show Chrome” Front and Rear Bumpers
• Stock Dual-horn (it definitely gets their attention!)
• Gasoline Type: It uses the affordable option, that being “Regular Unleaded” gasoline

Aftermarket Accessories/Extras:

Stereo System:
• Head-unit: Kenwood brand, “Excelon” series, Model KDC-X459, “System QEX” 200 watt (50 watt x 4 MP), Compact Disc Digital Audio Receiver w/CD-R/CD-RW/AM/FMx2/Wireless Remote Control and Sirius Satellite Radio capability, S/N 20403604, plus its matched component…
• Disc Changer: Kenwood brand, “Excelon” series, Model KDC-CX87, 10-Disc Digital Audio Compact Disc Auto Changer, 20 bit Resolution, Stack Capability, S/N 10300208
• Disc Changer Magazine: Kenwood brand, Model KCA-M112, 10-Disc Magazine for matched CD-Changer
• Front Speaker Amp: Kenwood Head-unit provided “High Output” 50 watt/channel
• Front Speakers: Infinity brand, “Kappa” series, Model 625i, 6-1/2” Two-way Automotive Loud-Speaker, with C.M.M.D. Plus One woofer cone, Cast Polymer Basket, Rubber surround, C.M.M.D. UniPivot Tweeter, Computer-optimized voice matched cross-over, 75 watt RMS & 225 watt peak Power Handling, 90dB sensitivity, and a 45Hz-21kHz frequency response at 4 ohms impedence.
• Rear Speaker Amp: MTX Audio brand, “Road Thunder” series, Model RT202, 200 watt Dynamic Power Amplifier, with Frequency Response 20-20,000 Hz +or-.25dB, S/N Ratio 100dB A-Weighted, and Smart-Engage auto turn-on for easy integration with head units, S/N 362EBR2978.
• Rear Speakers: Infinity brand, “Kappa” series, Model 625i, 6-1/2” Two-way Automotive Loud-Speaker, with C.M.M.D. Plus One woofer cone, Cast Polymer Basket, Rubber surround, C.M.M.D. UniPivot Tweeter, Computer-optimized voice matched cross-over, 75 watt RMS & 225 watt peak Power Handling, 90dB sensitivity, and a 45Hz-21kHz frequency response at 4 ohms impedence.
• Subwoofer Amp: Jensen Audio brand, Model LXA-300, 300 watt, 2-channel Bridgable, MOSFET Power Amplifier, 12 dB Cross-over Slope, Bass Boost +6dB, W/Gold Plated RCA Jacks and Screw Terminals, Full-circuit Overload Protection, plus High Level Inputs and Bipolar audio/Pass-thru Outlets, S/N SA223755
• Subwoofer Grill: Metra brand, “Speakerworks” series, Model 85-9010CC, 10” Diameter Heavy Duty Steel Subwoofer Grill
• 500,000 umf (microfarad)/.5 Farad Performance Stabilizing Capacitor: Monster Cable brand, Model 10410600, CAP
• Sub-woofer: MTX Audio brand, “Road Thunder” series, 125 watt RMS/250 watt peak music power 10” Diameter Sub-woofer

• Cabling:
• Head unit to Front Amp: Monster Cable Products “Car Audio” brand, “Interlink” series, Model 201XLN (Xtra Low Noise), 2-Channel “Balanced” Car Audio Interconnect Cables w/24K Gold Contact Precision Machined RCA Jacks and 100% Full Coverage Anti-RF Interference Shielded “pure copper strand” cabling.
• Head-unit to Rear Amp: Head unit to Front Amp: Monster Cable Products “Car Audio” brand, “Interlink” series, Model 201XLN (Xtra Low Noise), 2-Channel “Balanced” Car Audio Interconnect Cables w/24K Gold Contact Precision Machined RCA Jacks and 100% Full Coverage Anti-RF Interference Shielded “pure copper strand” cabling.
• Front Speaker Amp to Front Speakers: Monster Cable brand, Model XP, High Performance 16 gauge copper stranded with soldered tips at pinch and speaker spade connectors.
• Rear Speaker Amp to Rear Speakers: Monster Cable brand, Model XP, High Performance 16 gauge copper stranded with soldered tips at pinch and speaker spade connectors.
• Subwoofer Amp to Subwoofer: Monster Cable brand, Model XP, High Performance 16 gauge copper stranded with soldered tips at pinch and speaker spade connectors.

• Fusing:
• Battery to Phoenix Gold Fuse Block; 1 each 40-amp Single Fuse and located within the Engine Compartment
• Battery to Head Unit: 2 each 10-amp Single “Fast Blow” fuses on BlueSea Systems brand Fuse Bloc, Dual/Redundant sourced Distribution Block
• Battery to Front Speaker Amp: Phoenix Gold 30-amp fused
• Battery to Rear Speaker Amp: Phoenix Gold 30-amp fused
• Battery to Subwoofer Amplifier and .5 Farad Capacitor: BlueSea Systems, 6-fuse block w/ATC 25-amp fuse to Subwoofer Amplifier and Capacitor

• Sound/Road-noise Insulation: Xtreme brand, “Dynamat” series, High Performance Custom Insulation Mat applied on all doors, rear quarter panels, and tailgate.

• Vehicle Cover: Cover Craft brand, 5-layer, their highest quality “Custom Fit” vehicle Cover

• Chrome License Plate Frames:
• Front: Superior Brand, Model _________________
• Rear: Superior Brand, Model _________________

More Upgrades:

• Cruise Control: It’s an “aftermarket” model from Sears Automotive
• Vehicle Alarm System: DEI (Directed Electronics, Inc.) brand, “Python 460 MAX” model, Security Alarm System with Motion sensor, valet switch, and two operational Key FOB’s. Professional Installation & Programming provided by Car Toys.
• Headlights: Hella “Vision Plus” High Performance 5,500 ft. Halogen Replacement “Conversion” Headlamps UPC 7-60687-70477-5 (because it just makes sense!)
• Driving and Fog Lights (below the bumper where they belong): HELLA brand, Model 550, 2 each Clear lens “Driving Lights” plus 2 each Amber Lens “Fog Lights”, fused plus relays (because it just makes sense to be able to see everything possible in the direction you’re heading!)
• Trailer Hitch: Receiver type, Class 3 Trailer Hitch
• 3rd Brake Light: It’s on the Receiver Hitch
• Chrome Tailpipe Tip: with Polished Stainless Steel Custom Jeep Logo’d “show tip”
• Steering Wheel Glove: Natural Leather, Center-stitched and a Tan color to match vehicle color theme
• Auxiliary Back-up and rear vehicle area lighting: Pilot brand, parallel switched with back-up light switching and manual override switching, and fused plus relay (because it just makes sense to be able to see everything possible behind you when stationary or hitching a trailer, and certainly when in reverse!)
• Wiring Schematic: Comprehensive Post-delivery and Fully-detailed professional wiring schematic for all non-factory installed electrical (because it just makes sense to memorialize electrical system wiring!)
• Coolant Recovery System: Yes, it’s been added, because it just makes sense to keep the engine compartment tidy!
• Interior: Recently Re-carpeted Interior and New Replacement Floor Mats color matched to carpet.
• Maintenance Records: Extensive & Comprehensive Maintenance Records
• Exceptionally Clean Undercarriage: It’s always been a “West Coast” vehicle, so no “salt additives” to the vehicle over its entire lifetime!
• Spare Parts: Numerous “Spare Parts” to keep it in exceptional shape! Too many to mention here… since I have roughly $3,000 worth of primarily “Original Spare Parts” for it that we can negotiate into the deal if interested. These are NOT included in the sale price shown. This additional “Spare Parts Package” includes the manufacturer’s “Original Equipment Parts Book”, which is roughly 6 inches thick, with the original “Jeep Parts Department” Binder still on it!

Gas mileage is as you would expect for this vintage vehicle, but on the reality side of vehicle versatility… this final “Kaiser-Jeep” design was built to basically go vertically up and down hills, and virtually anywhere in between them.

In summary… I’m one of the very few who still own an “all original” 1970 (actually 1969.5) Jeep Wagoneer Classic and am getting it ready to finally part with (i.e. "Sell") our one-owner family Kaiser-Jeep since I have no remaining family to leave it to. It’s an all original, stock, beauty that looks like it just came off the showroom floor! What’s really amazing about the earlier models is that “Kaiser-Jeep” only made them from 1963 till 1970. In 1971 “Kaiser-Jeep” was purchased by AMC and they became the “AMC-Jeep” Wagoneer with a totally different drive train, color scheme on their logo, etc. My grandfather bought it originally, ordered from the local dealership as a custom build from the then named “Kaiser-Jeep” manufacturer for shipment to him once built, and then my dad bought it from him, then I bought it from my dad in 1984 and have delicately and diligently maintained it since. What an amazing journey for us and this exceptional vehicle, but it’s time to move it on to its retirement with a collector. It will be a very sad day parting with this family treasure; but when it eventually finds the collector that can appreciate it, and pay market price for it in such great shape, that will be an exceptional day indeed.

First buyer with Cash gets the deal, and all those who waited to make their decision will be left to decide between the other "beat-up and lesser presentable Jeep Wagoneer’s that have not been so well maintained and/or restored so well. Please also understand that although the vehicle is in exceptional condition for its age, it’s not "new" and therefore is being sold "as is" since it doesn't have any warranty from its manufacturer or otherwise. And additionally, since you're likely seeking my lowest pricing, the purchase price shown does not include delivery or transport of any type or form.

So don't delay.... contact me now as outlined below!

CONTACT INFORMATION:

I don’t have a cell phone or text service, so please email through this web-domains’ relay-webmail, or call my voicemail service at (503) 819-7898 if you're interested AND PROVIDE YOUR NAME AND RETURN PHONE NUMBER OR YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WHEN YOU CALL.
FOR DIRECT CONTACT I ONLY HAVE THE VOICEMAIL SERVICE AND THE CRAIGSLIST WEB-MAIL OPTIONS, SO EMAIL ME THROUGH CRAIGSLIST OR CALL AND LEAVE A MESSAGE WITH YOUR NAME AND PHONE NUMBER SO I CAN CALL YOU BACK!

I CANNOT respond using email other than through the Craigslist web-domains’ reply option because of hacker, slammer, and switcher "phishing" and "trojan" viruses, worms, and tracking cookies, and other malicious internet and texting activities. SO IF YOU ARE A SERIOUS BUYER OR COLLECTOR... REPLY THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR CALL MY VOICEMAIL SERVICE AND PROVIDE YOUR NAME AND RETURN PHONE NUMBER.

I WILL CALL YOU BACK PROMPTLY.

Thanks for your consideration towards purchasing this amazing vehicle!

Best always, Rob

Sale Price: $22,995 (USD) Cash or best acceptable offer. NO “trades” please. Payment by Cashier’s Check drawn on any US Nationally Recognized Bank, and fully-negotiated by Seller, is required prior to execution of the title release.

The Sale Price does not include title transfers, taxes, or other fees, etc. and proof of insurance will be required prior to receipt of the vehicle. Hagerty Insurance coverage is recommended for this classic buggy!
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:59 PM   #161
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

Exclamation Re: Jeep

Whole thing sounds very shady to me. It almost sounds like a scam.
I am very cautious about who I deal with on Dregslist.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:58 PM   #162
leddzepp

This is what Craigslist has become
Attached Images

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:46 PM   #163
custom10nut

Special order “Heavy Half” 8 lug axles, AND a 396 in a SWB K10.😂
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:54 PM   #164
stomper

Probably cut the dash in that Wagoneer for the CD player.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:23 PM   #165
buds56

Funny, but annoying, Great no rust body, just needs floors

Really annoying, 4-door sellers that take every pic they can to hide the fact its a 4door

And the angry guy ad writer, Really your trying to sell something, your going to get an assortment of people calling you, from annoying to very nice, just the way it is
buds56 is offline   Reply With Quote