The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2017, 11:14 AM   #1
Bobzilla75

My '78 build

So, y'all saw my thread bringing this critter home from Tucson. What I picked up was a clean 78 stepside 4-spd with no rust back home to Indiana. I'm an auto-x'er so this thing is going to turn into my race-truck. Something that goes like stink, looks decent and sounds amazing. Somethign that can turn, stop and GO!

So I picked up wheels on the cheap for it a few weeks back. 17x8.5's that will get wrapped in some 275/50's shortly.

Then I started going over it and realizing the wiring is just trashed under the dash, out back, up front..... everywhere. The rear drums were dragging, wheel cylinders were shot, etc so I went on a shopping spree.

Saturday I yankedthe axles, pulled the backing plates and all associated goodies and did this:

The weekend before I pulled the edelbrock and rebuilt it:

And that's where I am for now. This coming weekend we start with removal of all the old wiring.
Bobzilla75 is offline   Reply With Quote