The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2017, 02:52 PM   #1
Jmfrm

1970 Chevy c50 dump hydraulic pump identification

Hello everyone. I have a 70' C50 with a dump body. The hydraulic pump was leaking so I removed it and pulled it apart only to find that I cannot find a rebuild kit for it! There is the numbers A 143003 stamped on oe housing cover and the numbers A 143 31484 on the pump housing. Does anyone have any idea who made the pumps for these trucks? It is driven by the pto and the cylinder and pump are bolted together. The cylinder acts as the or reservoir for the fluid so retro fitting a newer style pump is out of the question. I intend on machining the part I need if that's what it comes down to. But someone out there must know something about who made these, and if at all any parts are available to reseal them. Any help is appreciated. I love the truck but it's useless on my farm without the dump working.
Jmfrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:23 PM   #2
sweetk30

Re: 1970 Chevy c50 dump hydraulic pump identification

pictures might help . . .

I recently had a pump that needed resealed and the tag was a reman tag and original gone . reman place sold 3-4 times since then and no info . the casting info almost got me stuff . . . but nope I got wrong kit . lucky only 10 bucks.

pto / hydro parts / med-duty & heavy duty truck stuff is kind of a black hole when it comes to finding info .
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:16 PM   #3
Jmfrm

Re: 1970 Chevy c50 dump hydraulic pump identification

Thanks for the reply. pictures probably won't do much help because I have the pump completely disassembled. On the one pump half where the input shaft and output shaft would extrude from the pump, the manufacturer (whoever that may be ) so kindly used an aluminum threaded bushing that houses an o ring and seal inside of it and acts as a support for the shafts in the housing, it also has another seal on the outside of the bushing that acts as a dust sheild....so after all the years inside the cast housing needless to say... it had to be chiseled out to change the bad o rings and seals. I researched the Internet until I got to the end of the Internet and never came across one pump that looks like mine, haha that's about my usual luck. I will take some pictures anyway tomorrow and try to upload them.
Jmfrm is offline   Reply With Quote