The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #26
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Re: 84 Crew Cab Rebuild

If it was yellow that would be parts from a junk yard, that how that mark it over here. But what you listed is all easy stuff to fix as long as the frame is good. Keep us posted..
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:32 PM   #27
jitteryguy
GoatLube Experss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvblazer78 View Post
Wow! That truck has been all over the world.. Very cool.

And on the seats it looks like they are some custom seat nothing that I have seen before.
that is the same seat's mine has , except mine are tan . mine is a Choo Choo Custom as well !
'92 S10 350/350
'84 MonteCarlo 383/PG/9"ford
'78 Malibu wagon 350/350
'78 Cutlass (project family car)
'96 S10 Jimmy (Moma's)
jitteryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:04 AM   #28
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitteryguy View Post
that is the same seat's mine has , except mine are tan . mine is a Choo Choo Custom as well !
can we get some pics THANK YOU

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #29
GmtGmt

Here is a couple of pictures my friend took on is phone sorry they arnt the best
spindels and misc painted

engine painted

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.

Last edited by GmtGmt; 12-08-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #30
GmtGmt

Little Update

1 Tank painted other will be painted soon

Engine done just wating for parts to put the heads back on

Hyrdro Boost painted

MISC parts painted

Rear and almosted done

This Airdam is next delivery from ocatane motorsport

A Choo Choo Chustom truck owned by a fellow board member jitteryguy

paint will maby be something similar also have sleeper for mine but not one like this one that follow the roof all the way out also have bought an airdam and a full set of running boards

Quote:
Old 12-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #31
GmtGmt

Complete wooden interior will be hand crafted in this style

This Grill With GMC Emblem
also full GMC Trim pieces on fenders tailgate and inside

seats will be remade and the rear seats will be put on a frame so they can lay all the way down to make a bed and in the Sleeper there will be mounted a TV for long trips along with a decent but hidden stereo system nothing fancy all speakers mounted where they are originaly put

Quote:
Old 12-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #32
muddyblazer02

Looks good but I have to wonder is it hard to get parts in Denmark?
Old 12-28-2009, 02:41 AM   #33
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyblazer02 View Post
Looks good but I have to wonder is it hard to get parts in Denmark?
not too bad but most who sell them think the parts are there own weight worth in gold
but i buy from rockauto normaly i get it 2 days after faster then the danish mail system

Quote:

Last edited by GmtGmt; 12-28-2009 at 02:41 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:08 PM   #34
jitteryguy
GoatLube Experss

looks like things are come'n together nicely on your truck . I got the tail gate trim for mine from a GMC Jimmy (no tail gate hanlde ), my girlfreinds parent's brought to me from Texas where I pick'd up my Suburan grill.

also I biult a console to go in between the rear seat's simular to what you have in mind

'92 S10 350/350
'84 MonteCarlo 383/PG/9"ford
'78 Malibu wagon 350/350
'78 Cutlass (project family car)
'96 S10 Jimmy (Moma's)

Last edited by jitteryguy; 12-28-2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: gramar
jitteryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:46 AM   #35
GmtGmt

Not much of an update as the blizzard here have prevented any progress really

but got a few parts
second headgasket and bolts (was stupid last time only ordered 1 set)
2 Turbo Chargers not pictured YET
Valve Cover Gaskets
Brake Lines and a few brake parts
Misc Filters not Pictured
2 Outer Tie-Rod Ends

I dont know why but its allways great to come home from a long days work and to find a package with parts

Here is the New cab has some rocker and corner Rust but not too bad nothing on the floor, roof and window lines
also gets 3 rust free doors with it as the Left Rear have been replaced allready with a new door

also Looking to scoor these Alcoa Wheels for a decent price

Quote:
Old 02-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #36
Matt Man

looks good. you still going to do the 4x4 swap?
2020 Silverado Double Cab LT Z71 5.3 8 speed Daily Driver

K10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671934

The Peach build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=733903

Matt Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:43 PM   #37
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Man View Post
looks good. you still going to do the 4x4 swap?
No not for now as i want all the parts to do the swap now i just want to get thing out of hiding and run it
cant wait to hear these 2 babies scream

Both Fuel Tanks are now in place and in the process of making Brake lines and new Fuel Lines too

but its very cold not good for working in

Quote:
Old 02-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #38
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Sweet build. Um, how are you going to keep the heads from cracking/blowing apart?

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #39
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdstreettito View Post
Sweet build. Um, how are you going to keep the heads from cracking/blowing apart?
eigther it goes or it blows it has been done before to a 6.2 so why coundt it be done again The 6.2s might be an engine worth doing it too but i want to be diffrent thats the only reason im doing it i know im not going to get 400hp out of this but thats not what i want
but it i the engine fails i have a backup plan as i have a speciel engine in mind no not a cummins, Duramaxx or powerstroke but its a Ford

Quote:
Old 02-15-2010, 12:23 PM   #40
Chevyman350

I bet it's a DT360!
Chevyman350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #41
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman350 View Post
I bet it's a DT360!
Nope its made by Ford but it dosent say Ford on the Block or FoMoCo for that matter

its not a 6 cylinder but a 5 Cylinder engine with either 165, 185 or 205 depends on what kind of Turbo it has a low boost or high boost

Quote:
Old 02-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #42
87 chevy silverado
Account Suspended

its going to look nice when done
87 chevy silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #43
scotto0609

I recoginize that blue crew cab interior,its from a truck I want to buy! good luck with the build
scotto0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #44
GmtGmt

its getting there slowly but surley
almost done with brake lines engine almost put togther, right front suspension done,

Scored some stuff from work, 2 Intercoolers (only one pictured) and a big fan so i can remove the water pump driven all from a rear ended 09 Volvo V70 T6 we had at work free is alway good

its not a show truck its a daily driver

Wating to get my brackets from LMC so the Driver side suspension can be mounted and it will see it first daylight in 5 Month

Quote:
Old 03-01-2010, 01:09 AM   #45
GmtGmt

Brackets from LMC came in friday, so got tranny, drive shaft and driver side suspension mounted and she saw daylight first time in 5 Mounths.

Sorry for the poor pics, but i cant really get my new camera to work proberly.

it felt good to see it with wheels on again a huge mile stone for the project
still alot to do and some parts have to replaced (center bearing, upper balljoints, control arm shafts etc) drive shaft have to painted, some spots on the frame have to get repainted, the last 4 brake lines have to be made and alot of more.

She aint no show stopper, but a work horse.

Quote:

Last edited by GmtGmt; 03-01-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #46
GmtGmt

Wiring

Some hate it others dont might it but its always a pain in the A$$ on old cars and trucks because so many have been working on it before you
Oh Yes its the wiring harnes

Started out with this pile

The PO's had just cut the wiring for the headlights at the junction box
so cleaned up the remaning wire and solder the ends and going to do the same to the rest of headlight wiring and clean it up and change damage sockets.

Anyone know what these are for they where under Dash

this one has some kind of relay and 3 bulbs atacted

Most of the wiring wasent so bad just need a clean up and the non factory wires removed and some soldering it came out pretty good

Still have the wiring for the fuel tank selector valve and sendering units to clean up

the wiring for the tail light was also just cut like the headlights cleaned up the ends and Soldering it togther

Also was out tearing the donor cab part going to take it home in 2 weeks and then chassies should be finished by then. cab going to completely torn apart and send for sandblasting, it have the usual rust rockers and corners but thanks to LMC i have everything i need to repair it

Quote:
Old 04-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #47
KMK454

Very cool to see this going on in Denmark of all places. How hard is it to legally drive this type of vehicle over there? I know the laws are rather prohibitive regarding emissions and safety on older vehicles in Europe.
1991 Camaro B4C
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #48
GmtGmt

Emissions arnt too bad actuly. but its hard to get it on the road as it actuly weighes to much also there are 3 diffrent veichels it can be registed as first a Crew Cab and that means it MUST be registred to a Company and no peronal use, sec as a normal pickup but then i have to remove the rear seats, third as a Car

Quote:

Last edited by GmtGmt; 04-05-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #49
GmtGmt

Bought all the remaning chassie parts

front brake hoses, 2 upper ball joint and glow plugs

hoping to start the engine monday, changed oil and primed the oil on as it have been sitting 7 mounths now, the engine and just send my exhurst manifold to machine shop so i can get flanges for 2 new turbo manifolds

got both alternator and power steering pump monted and misc stuff

its getting there hoping about 5 weeks then she is road worthy

Quote:
Old 04-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #50
joe231

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmtGmt View Post
Emissions arnt too bad actuly. but its hard to get it on the road as it actuly weighes to much also there are 3 diffrent veichels it can be registed as first a Crew Cab and that means it MUST be registred to a Company and no peronal use, sec as a normal pickup but then i have to remove the rear seats, third as a Car

Wow, that sounds crazy.
Can you register it as a regular truck, then put the seat back in until the registration is due again?