The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #26
nac46

Re: GM labeled under dash air conditioning dealer installed???

67bigwindow,

Will snap a few pix for you if you scan the owner's manual and send it to me as an email attachment. Send to nac46@usa.net. Thanks!
nac46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #27
67bigwindow

here are a few photos of the manuals....if u magnify it you can see the install date of the air is the same as delievery....also not the truck option on the order sheet ?? oh it still has the original cloth seat in it ...and is very nice....i will scan the the air manual for you and get it out asap..
Attached Images

67bigwindow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #28
nac46

67bigwindow,

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Looking forward to the scans. Nice ride, man.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #29
nac46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67bigwindow View Post
the manual i have is simply an owners operation manual. nothing on install ...very basic...................i would love some pics of the unit you have...
Here are some pix of the underdash ac as promised. pls send the owners operation manual scans.
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2011, 01:24 AM   #30
soxplayer

In 1972 my uncle order a new Cheyenne with all the options except A/C. He did this on purpose so he could install an aftermarket unit made in Oklahoma City. (I cannot for the life of me remember the name) The unit was really thin and went all the way across the bottom of the dash and it really was better than the factory unit in performance as it could move more air around the cab without the direct blast effect from the factory vents.
soxplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #31
nac46

67bigwindow,

How are those scans coming along?
Old 06-19-2016, 02:04 PM   #32
slo72c10

Mine looks like this in my 72 trying to decide if i wanna refurb or go vintage air
Attached Images

slo72c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:30 AM   #33
special-K
Special Order

Is it working now? If it was me, I'd keep it if it worked or was all there and just needed servicing. I see a way cool factor over using the ez peezy (but not so cheap) modern system people expect to see.
I never saw this thread back in '11. My '70 CST Blazer had this dealer accessory. Not sure why people call them dealer installed when we have no idea who installed each unit. Most likely not the dealer in most cases. Dealers tended to shock people with shop bills. I've known of people insisting an the factory 4 season system being upfitted to a truck that came through w/o it. I bought my '70 Blazer from the original owner. He had bought and installed the system himself. You will find different levels of quality on installation. Fortunately my previous owner had done a nice clean job. I had a parts Blazer with one and there was funky foam seal all over the place, including at the firewall where heater box meets it.
Who knows a value on anything you seldom see sold? It's what the seller wants and a buyer will pay. I don't see hoards running out to find these, but as with many other things, that day could happen over night. First comes being made aware they exist, then seeing the right person have one or seeing one in the right truck. They are actually quite cool, just as any era GM accessory is. For that matter, any aftermarket A/C unit that chills the cab is cool in my book. That's not a pun

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:56 PM   #34
mike16

where would you get parts if you needed them? I need the directional vents or at least one for my 68K20
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:20 PM   #35
Beach-Burban

I was searching for A/C info and stumbled upon this old post...but it was the closest match to what I have. My story is that I purchased my Suburban from the original owner (who is sadly no longer with us) and he was the Service Manager at a GMC/Chevrolet dealership for close to 45 years...although during our conversations, he had trouble remembering specifics concerning when and what was done to the Suburban throughout the years. Additions were done at the dealership, but I don't know if that actually qualifies as "Dealer Installed"...but my A/C unit fits like it was made for the Burb, and didn't require any mods to the "glove box", heater or any other areas. It doesn't have the small "GM" insignia, but does have an embossed area where there was a name plate (missing, but possibly Chevrolet?). Everything is functional except that it will not hold refrigerant for very long, but I believe the leak to be in the extremely long lines that go to the rear over head A/C unit. My plan is to block off the tees under the hood to isolate the two units, then focus on the front under dash unit before moving on to the rear unit repairs.

My questions are: Does this unit look like a "Dealer" option...maybe from a Square body, given that he worked at the dealership for so many years...and would '73 and up fit the '67 to '72 models this well? Thanks for any info.

Woody

Name:  IMG_E1746.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  28.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1747.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  41.9 KB

Last edited by Beach-Burban; 07-30-2020 at 03:55 PM.
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:48 PM   #36
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: GM labeled under dash air conditioning dealer installed???

This one I bought a few months ago out of a 67 Impala. I took it out of the Impala myself. I'm planning on it going in my 67 Ramp truck.
Gm Harrison unit.
I've ben working on it and refurbishing it.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:46 AM   #37
nac46

For Beach-Burban,

Your underdash setup could very well be a dealer installed item as every photo in this thread seems different. I did considerable research on my unit and while it does not appear on the build sheet (still inside on the glovebox lid) I believe mine was installed at the dealer. Guess they used factory a/c parts when doing the install. Anyway, the engine bay looks factory. Had mine converted to R143 when I replaced the new compressor 5 years ago. Otherwise cools efficiently. I am still looking for an owner's manual for the Harrison Unit.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:57 PM   #38
Beach-Burban

Quote:
Originally Posted by nac46 View Post
For Beach-Burban,

Your underdash setup could very well be a dealer installed item as every photo in this thread seems different. I did considerable research on my unit and while it does not appear on the build sheet (still inside on the glovebox lid) I believe mine was installed at the dealer. Guess they used factory a/c parts when doing the install. Anyway, the engine bay looks factory. Had mine converted to R143 when I replaced the new compressor 5 years ago. Otherwise cools efficiently. I am still looking for an owner's manual for the Harrison Unit.
Thanks nac46...there does seem to be a lot of variants out there! I'm hoping this one does the job, then I'll dress it up a little as it fits so darn well!

Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote