The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-22-2017, 12:37 PM   #1
Jayman931

1969 C10 Really weird turn signal/brake problem....

1969 C10

Well...a few months ago I had to replace my turn signal wiring harness...Everything worked great! I thought I had put my light problems in the rear view. Then...

A few days ago....my rear DRIVER side turn signal and brake lights stopped working. The indicators on my dash work as normal. running lights work. Blinkers in front work. No fuses are blown. I did notice a little water had made its way to the fuse box and I replaced the relay because it was wet hoping that was the problem. It wasn't.

In the middle of all this my starter went out...(what luck)....yesterday I replaced the starter (little bit of a pain as it sat directly above my exhaust)...I wired it up and installed the starter and she cranked right up. HOWEVER....now the Driver Side turnsignal/brake light works...but the Passenger side brake lights and turn signal does not work.

I also found a ground strap hanging above the starter and I mounted it to the frame (it was hanging from the cab)

So confused. lol

Any ideas? My first thought was somewhere behind the cab I have a short.

Last edited by Jayman931; 06-22-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Jayman931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
damnyankee36

Re: 1969 C10 Really weird turn signal/brake problem....

Still have this problem? I am assuming the new turn signal harness also included a new turn signal too?

My first thought was a ground problem at the tail lights, but you would still get something as the ground path winds up going through the opposite input wire.

Let us know.
damnyankee36 is offline   Reply With Quote