The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
72burbanbuilder

67-72 4-link? how?

building a crew cab 72 dropping a dirty max in her with the ally tranny and 203/205 doubler complete with dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear so question is has any one done a 4-link front and rear it if so photos is there a kit if soo who sales it and do i have to cut the bed for it??
72burbanbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
47thriftmaster

Re: 67-72 4-link? how?

I did it on my 2006 and put coil-over's on all four corners, I didn't have to cut anything in the bed.
47thriftmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
72burbanbuilder

so im guessing you just did rear right sense ur truck is front independent right?
do they make a kit
72burbanbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
47thriftmaster

No I actually cut all the independent crap out and put a Dana 60 in it's place. Then put in the coil overs.

Here's a pic for you to see what I mean.
47thriftmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:29 AM   #5
lukefalls

You already asked this question on Pirate. Not that asking around is a bad thing. I answered you over there, but I'll give you some more info. I've done both 3 and 4 link.

I am not sure exactly what you're asking. If you asking about how to do one or how to buy one.

Here is my thread on Pirate. Its here too, but not up to date:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=913006

If you want to build one, it is useless unless you have your motor in place. You have no idea where anything is going to go because you don't know what clearance you have.

Search the Peterson's 4 Wheel & Off Road web site for "4 Link basics part II" That will get you started understanding some of the terminology. Then go to Pirate under the "General" section. Search for "4 Link 101" That will give you some more in-depth information. Most of that will be useless because you don't know where your links will fit. Then read Billavista's Shock Teck part 2 on the www.Pirate4x4.com under tech.

If you want to buy one, check out www.offroaddesign.com or www.ruffstuff.com. ORD makes an awesome kit, but its $$$. It may (and by may, I mean probably) not work for you application because of the weight of the engine and lack of available space. Your oil pan will be the biggest issue. I'm sure that if you call Steven at ORD, he'll have better info on that.

I hope this helps. If you have a specific question, I can give you a better, more specific answer. Oh, depending on wheel travel, you'll like have to cut your bed.

It is my PERSONAL opinion that if you build your own, WFO Concepts is the best source for parts. I've never had a bad dealing with them and their customer service rocks.
lukefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:22 AM   #6
bets licea

Hey thriftmaster, can you post more pics of your truck? It's sweet.
bets licea is offline   Reply With Quote