The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
aarons49gmc

my 49 gmc build

My first build!
Ive had this truck for a few years now but never had the time/money to do anything with it while i was in highschool so i just drove it as is. all my other pictures of how she used to look are on my old laptop.

thats as good as it gets as far as showing what i had to work with. all white, nasty blue carpet. some old centerline wheels, fenton visor and plywood bed. 228 w 3 speed and g80 rear end. not pretty but it drove!

after dumping about a 1000 into it i ended up with this

now im getting serious about finishing this project! i have since dropped the rear about 6 inches w/ a monoleaf and block combo and replaced the old lever action shocks w/ modern gas shocks. im just about finished updating the front with monoleafs as well

i pulled the old drivetrain the other day. left the rear end so i could still roll her around

so its out with the old and in with the new

i picked up that combo on craigslist. nicely built 4 bolt main 350. edelbrock intake mani and carb. mild cam w/ 480 lift and 230ish duration, moroso oil pan and shorty headers. came with a nice 700r4 tranny

heres a video of it running:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=G6kWVnnSiRU

i will continue to update as i get things done!
aarons49gmc is offline   Reply With Quote