The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-13-2019, 06:45 PM   #1
75C10

K5 Headliner moldings

I have been looking closely and researching the colour of the headliner interior moldings found on the Cheyennes. It looks like the early K5 76-80 were white and then colour matched after that. I have a 77 Custom Deluxe (hope to find these moldings) and would like to get the colour correct. If they are supposed to be white, is there a name and a source for dye? My top is white as well if that makes any difference.
I greatly appreciate all input and maybe a little schooling.
75C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:59 AM   #2
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Re: K5 Headliner moldings

SEM Color Coat. You can find a color chart online to find the correct white for your year. It might be listed as a GM color instead of a Chevy color though.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:13 PM   #3
75C10

This is what I have found. Could not correlate a colour chart to a year. Found some random stuff and the list of SEM products, none of it listed by year or make.

But after searching the GM Heritage Site for full size Blazers I have learned the following.

Obviously the 73-75 headliner and mouldings did not exist.

1976 Interior headliner colour or related moulding colour was not mentioned.

However, 1977 and 1978 the headliner / moulding colour GM used was light Fawn.

1979-1986 with 82 absent, all of the colours of the headliner and related interior panels (upper) were called Mystic.

No colours were mentioned for 1987 and up.

The only SEM product listed called Mystic is a marine colour Part # M25093

Can anybody comment on this product as to closeness or authenticity of colour?

Thanks
Darwin
Old 04-18-2019, 02:50 PM   #4
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

If you have a while headliner, then I believe the headliner trim should be white. That's the way it is in my 79 anyway, even though I have a blue interior.

What color seats, carpet, and headliner do you have? Are they all original?

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
74 Honda Z50 build
Old 04-18-2019, 02:54 PM   #5
75C10

My problem is I don’t have any original bits left. PO took it upon himself to dispense with the mandarin and the truck us a Custom Deluxe and didn’t start life with a headliner. It’s getting one now. GM says all k5 interiors were white from top of door panels up.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:19 PM   #6
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

10-4. I will dig and look at the color chart and see if I wfiger it out. It’ll be later though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-19-2019, 02:26 AM   #7
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

I did find (here) Mystic white being offered as an interior option on some squares. And I saw the SEM Mystic marine paint too. I wouldn't expect it to match or not match, I'm pretty sure the common name is a coincidence and doesn't mean it's a GM match. Do a search here for Parchment interiors, you may have to search the whole site and not just squares. It's an off-white color and SEM does have it. That's probably a good option. Are you getting a new headliner? SEM Sailcloth white looks interesting but it's pretty white. You wouldn't want the side trim to be a brighter white than the headliner, so I'd probably buy the headliner first.

I'm looking at SEM colors here: LINK

I've searched here and did not see a thread about the correct SEM interior paint for square white interior trim. I'm sure the info is here somewhere. But for now I'd buy Parchment if you're going for "correct as possible" and maybe Sailcloth white if a brighter white sounds appealing.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
74 Honda Z50 build
Old 04-19-2019, 09:40 AM   #8
TKCR

I just saw a K5 in the salvage yard last weekend. And that’s how this one was. It was clearly blue, but everything was white up top. Actually the color is Mystic. And if your looking for the correct Dye. Then USA1 Industries is the way to go. Their colors are spot on, to the originals.
The color charts I posted are probably more for the Trucks, not sure though.
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 03:24 PM   #9
75C10

Thanks all for your help. Very much appreciated. My local paint and auto body store can't get the Mystic marine colour so my search will continue. Eventually I will order from USA-1 and have it delivered to the border for me to pick up. We have rules about shipping flammables like dye or paint and generally can have anything shipped to the border, just not over the border. I then have to physically bring it across myself and declare it for tax purposes. Every little border town have "mailboxes for rent" and this makes it easier. USA-1 has lots of other parts I want in mandarin that can't be had else where so at some point my order will be substantial and worthwhile for the 3 hr trip one way border trip.