The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2016, 06:50 PM   #1
WarMonger

Blazer body removal

I now this is the truck section, but the Blazer side does not see too many visitors. I'm ready to pull the body off the blazer. I have heard they can flex and bend a lot. few questions some of you experts can help me out with:

Should I leave the doors on for strength? I know its more weight, but will it reduce the flex?

I don't have a top, so do I need to weld cross braces in a few places? If so where is the best?

In the pics, I have a rollbar, but it is out now.

Thanks
Attached Images

1970 C20
-_--_--_- ______
_--_--_- /___|__\____
-_--_-_ |_(0)|__|_(0)]
1972 K5
WarMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:00 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: Blazer body removal

Get some 1 inch square tube and some flat iron. Bolt the flat to the back of the body where the rear top bolts go. Then do the same for the front top bolts so you have two bars bolted to the top of the bedsides. Then take off the doors and in one[or better yet two] of the door hing plats bolt up the flat and then run the tubes to the front tube that is bolted to the bedside. Then finally weld one bar from the front bar to the back bar unless you think you could still have flex in that case use two bars. So you will have 6 points bolted to the truck cowl middle and rear then it will all be tied together with tube so it should be good to go. If it were a rollbar the tech would let you run 10.99 probably with that many attachment points. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:42 PM   #3
hugger6933

Re: Blazer body removal

That is an awesome looking rig. I would love to find a GMC Jimmy. A two drive would be my best hope
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote