The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2019, 01:48 AM   #26
Daaaanz67

Re: idaho vin inspection

Moved here last year. They just came out and verified my vin and made sure it matched the title. You surrender the title and they send you an Idaho title. Would like to meet other people on this sight that are not haters of a trans plant to Idaho.
Daaaanz67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:51 AM   #27
MARTINSR

I'll be there in July. My thing is, I have dealt with transplants BIG TIME in the SF bay area. They want to change things, I do NOT want to change ANYTHING in Idaho. I want to go there and live in what is there, that is why I am going.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 02:15 AM   #28
Daaaanz67

Just living not changing anything.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:17 AM   #29
Daaaanz67

Car culture is great here not missing anything. Went to a swap meet couple weeks ago and a car show the next day.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:09 AM   #30
MiraclePieCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lok-dawg View Post
Don't worry about it, we're full anyway... Idaho is not accepting new residents at this time or in the near future.
Ha ha! This seen in Oregon:
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2019, 09:54 AM   #31
MARTINSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
Ha ha! This seen in Oregon:
You know I have to laugh big time about that bumper sticker. My ex-wife took my two children and moved to Oregon from here in the SF bay area in 1985. She had NOTHING there, not even one family member, no job, nothing. Ok, so I was there for my daughters wedding in 2009 and talking with her new husbands mom and dad and the mom started in on the Californian's moving in and how horrid it is. Funny thing is SHE moved there from California in the early 80's! LOLOL She had told me this the day before how they loved it and came there from the over populated California to that wonderful area to have their family.

Yep, my son and wife and two grand sons are in Idaho, my daughter that was married in Oregon I just told you about will be moving there too, along with my two grand sons, oh yeah, I am ready to be with them all in Idaho!

Every thing California will be behind me, no one will know I am not an Idaho native because I am moving in to an old neighborhood and WILL be an Idahoan the minute I get there.

Brian

Old 04-28-2019, 01:55 PM   #32
beanyard

Welcome to Idaho. This is a big place. What part of Idaho are we talking? I am in southeast Idaho.
Posted via Mobile Device
beanyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 02:09 PM   #33
mr48chev

He is moving to the Boise area. Only 350 miles from me then.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:55 PM   #34
MARTINSR

Yep Boise, NorthWest Boise.

Brian

Old 04-28-2019, 08:05 PM   #35
1project2many

Funny thing about transplants... Every place I've lived has been upset with them. In Western MA the "transplants" from NY would come up in the summer for vacation then forget to move home. In MT the "transplants" came over from CA or, like me, from "Back East." Now here in NH the "transplants" are moving up from the Boston area.

I seem to get along well enough no matter where I live. I used to laugh at the folks from NY who were always frustrated at the backwoodsy ways where I grew up. Folks in MT thought everything in MA was like Boston or NY. I damn near convinced one of 'em we had to wait for the traffic lights to turn green so we could shoot deer when they crossed the street. In NH I tell 'em I moved here from MT. That usually excludes me from the Flatlander qualification immediately although there are plenty of natives who still say I'm "from away."

I don't think there are many places that have Maine beat though. You, your parents, and your grandparents need to have been born in the state and strictly speaking no other place could have been "home" for anyone in the lineage for you to claim "native." Think having your kids in Maine makes 'em natives? The natives will ask you "If a litter of kittens is born in the stove, does that make 'em biscuits?" Tough crowd...

FWIW, I named one of our cats "Biscuit." I tell the folks "from away" it's because of her color. But the natives here raise an eyebrow and chuckle.

Wait, was someone asking about VIN inspections??

Last edited by 1project2many; 04-28-2019 at 08:55 PM.
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:18 PM   #36
MARTINSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
Funny thing about transplants... Every place I've lived has been upset with them. In Western MA the "transplants" from NY would come up in the summer for vacation then forget to move home. In MT the "transplants" came over from CA or, like me, from "Back East." Now here in NH the "transplants" are moving up from the Boston area.

I seem to get along well enough no matter where I live. I used to laugh at the folks from NY who were always frustrated at the backwoodsy ways where I grew up. Folks in MT thought everything in MA was like Boston or NY. I damn near convinced one of 'em we had to wait for the traffic lights to turn green so we could shoot deer when they crossed the street. In NH I tell 'em I moved here from MT. That usually excludes me from the Flatlander qualification immediately although there are plenty of natives who still say I'm "from away."

I don't think there are many places that have Maine beat though. You, your parents, and your grandparents need to have been born in the state and strictly speaking no other place could have been "home" for anyone in the lineage for you to claim "native." Think having your kids in Maine make 'em natives? Well, the natives will ask you "If a litter of kittens is born in the stove, does that make 'em biscuits?" Tough crowd...

FWIW, I named one of our cats "Biscuit." I tell the folks "from away" it's because of her color. But the natives here raise an eyebrow and chuckle.

Wait, was someone asking about VIN inspections??

LOLOLOL, good stuff!

Brian

Old 04-28-2019, 08:20 PM   #37
MARTINSR

It's funny, my brother almost had a heart attack when I told him I sold my Fremont Drag strip jacket (vintage) saying it was a popular drag strip, you can go to the one in Idaho with it on.

I told him, that's like going the Giants baseball park with another teams hat on. "Can" it be ok, yep, but to "move in" makes a lot more sense.

Brian

Old 04-28-2019, 09:09 PM   #38
MiraclePieCo

When I got my first Oregon fishing license the state had under 1 million population and I routinely caught trophy-sized fish. Now the population is rapidly approaching 5 million and I've basically given up fishing as a waste of my time. Individually, many of those California transplants are nice people; collectively they are destroying the state I once loved. Five times the population means five times the traffic, five times the human-caused wildfires, five times the pollution, etc etc etc. Real estate prices have been driven out of range of most native residents; everywhere Oregonians now live in tents and travel trailers, or squat in the woods. Conversely wages here are dirt because of the constant influx of applicants. I have a friend who was a wealthy financial advisor in CA; now he works in Oregon for minimum wage "just for something to keep busy." Great, you're a California millionaire, and you feel compelled to take a job from an Oregonian who really needs the money? We SNOBs (Society of Native Oregon Born) are sickened when transplants begin bragging about California from the first one minute you meet them.

Signed, James G. Blaine Esq.

Last edited by MiraclePieCo; 04-28-2019 at 10:20 PM.
MiraclePieCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:43 PM   #39
MARTINSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
When I got my first Oregon fishing license the state had under 1 million population and I routinely caught trophy-sized fish. Now the population is rapidly approaching 5 million and I've basically given up fishing as a waste of my time. Individually, many of those California transplants are nice people; collectively they are destroying the state I once loved. Five times the population means five times the traffic, five times the human-caused wildfires, five times the pollution, etc etc etc. Real estate prices have been driven out of range of most native residents; everywhere Oregonians now live in tents and travel trailers, or squat in the woods. Conversely wages here are dirt because of the constant influx of applicants. I have a friend who was a wealthy financial advisor in CA; now he works in Oregon for minimum wage "just for something to keep busy." Great, you're a California millionaire, and you feel compelled to take a job from an Oregonian who really needs the money? We SNOBs (Society of Native Oregon Born) are sickened when transplants begin bragging about California from the first one minute you meet them.

Signed, James G. Blaine Esq.
I can relate believe me, and I can understand. That is why you will never hear me bragging about California, there is a reason I am leaving it!

Brian

Old 04-29-2019, 09:41 AM   #40
nvrdone

most of the above reasons are why we are leaving WA. Also we have a major influx of Microsofties moving in & driving up housing costs. Right now homes are selling for $30 - 50k above listing price. that coupled with Amazon moving from downtown Seattle to Bellevue soon will drive up housing prices more. Id looks better every day. And yes im a CA transplant 30 years ago. But enough of my rant. have a great day
nvrdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:34 AM   #41
Rickysnickers

I still live in CA and wouldn't brag about it at all! This place bites!!! If and when I move, the license plates will be removed from my vehicles the minute I enter another state.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:48 AM   #42
landarts
landarts

I have lived in Idaho now for 12 years and find it a pleasure to go to the DMV to get titles, registration etc done on the old trucks. Compared to Arizona it is a blessing. They actually treat you very nice, they speak to you as if they really want to help you with your situation, instead of treating you like a second class citizen. Last time I went into the local DMV to do a complete title change over from a truck I bought that had a mechanics lien on it took a total of about ten minutes.

You can have a vehicle inspected at the local DMV or you can do what I did is call the local police department and they come over the same day and do an inspection and give you paperwork for the DMV. I also once was towing a 72 4x4 that I bought from the other side of town and pulled into DMV, they came outside inspected the VIN number and we spent about 5 minutes talking about old trucks and how cool they are.

If I were you I would just call the local DMV in Idaho and tell them what it is you have and what is needed to get a title, they are very helpful over the phone. If that does not work for you the other way to get a title in Idaho is to go through Vermont. You can do the complete transaction online and never need a inspection. Vermont will register your truck, they do not have titles for trucks older than 10 years old. You will have to pay 6% of the NADA value plus a small processing fee. It takes about 10 working days and you will have a Vermont registration and new plates. Walk them into any local DMV and they will issue you title from the Vermont registration
Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
69 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:37 AM   #43
MARTINSR

That sounds awesome Jim, hope to roll through it that easy.

Brian