The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-19-2006, 08:01 PM   #1
cajundragger

axle center line(front)

I got my scotts front end in, but I didn't mark the axle center line on the front of the frame before I removed it...does anyone have any ideas on how I can find it? or what theres is? Its just a bare frame right now so I cant measure off the rear axle either....any help would be appreciated, thanks.
cajundragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:16 AM   #2
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: axle center line(front)

What wheel base do you have? 114? PM me your email and I will send you a document that will help

Last edited by dwcsr; 10-20-2006 at 12:22 AM.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:12 PM   #3
bondobob

I moved my centerline forward about 1 1/2" which gives a nice look. I'll measure to the front of the frame if you want. Mine is a Fatman kit. The hole in the bottom of the frame for the bump stop is the factory centerline but you can go from there.
Attached Images

bondobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #4
1-ton of fun
polishing a turd

how far is it from the front cab mount to your new centerline?
1-ton of fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #5
Stokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajundragger View Post
I got my scotts front end in.....
What is the quality of the front end you received? How is the install going so faw? Sorry to hi-jack your thread, but please keep us updated on the progress of your installation. I heard some good things, but also a lot of bad things about Scott's so I'm interested in what someone actually going through the installation has to say. Thanks.

Chris
Stokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:54 PM   #6
cajundragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes View Post
What is the quality of the front end you received? How is the install going so faw? Sorry to hi-jack your thread, but please keep us updated on the progress of your installation. I heard some good things, but also a lot of bad things about Scott's so I'm interested in what someone actually going through the installation has to say. Thanks.

Chris
so far everything has been awesome. I had to change my order right before they shipped it, and he did it no problem. The quality of everything visually looks top notch. I havent really assembled anything yet, but will soon. I heard bad things as well, like not getting instructions, but I got my instructions before the front end even arrived. I even got a confirmation call making sure everything was to my liking....

and about my CL, its taking me so long to do my front end because Im going to assemble the cab and front sheetmetal on the frame, make my new core support crossmember, and then set my front end up so the CL is directly where I want it. yall may have seen in my other thread that I will be laying the running boards on the ground on 20's, so if the axle line is off just a little it will make everything look funny....
cajundragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #7
rcs72

I also bought a Scott's IFS for my 59 and need to know the axle centerline. As far as Scott's IFS the initial status is a good looking product with terrible installation instructions. By the way this is a great site that I just found last week. Also any tips on boxing the frame?
rcs72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:26 PM   #8
pgf545

rcs, I started a topic about a month ago on boxing frames. Check out this link for some good information.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=215262

Bernie