The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-24-2017, 09:54 PM   #401
gigamanx

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilokc View Post
installed my longer carb studs and the new throttle bracket today. started it up and let it run up to temp. love to hear it run.
Looks like you have the same Edelbrock intake as mine. Do you have some other photos? I'm trying to figure out what all the ports are for What carb are you running?

My thread asking the same question: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=745340

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:16 PM   #402
vintovka

Hung the "swinging bracket" for the left side Power Running boards. Been down for near 3 months with eye surgeries and other stuff. Yea, you read that right, . power running boards under 54 3100 running board. 27" high main boards and 13 inch retractable ones. Been doing lots of other stuff including a "flux capacitor" and a SS and synthetic bed. Will add pics to build thread.
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #403
evilokc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamanx View Post
Looks like you have the same Edelbrock intake as mine. Do you have some other photos? I'm trying to figure out what all the ports are for What carb are you running?

My thread asking the same question: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=745340
sure I will snap some. i have a quickfuel carb on it now. i had an edelbrock 1406 at one point. i looked at your thread real quick and i will try to address each one with my pics. it looks like most of the questions were answered but i can still try and help.

Last edited by evilokc; 08-26-2017 at 11:58 AM.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:19 PM   #404
evilokc

I finally got out and installed my throttle pedal assembly! took me 3 weeks due to other broken vehicles. it took about 45 minutes to get it in a good spot, drill the holes, climb under and tighten the bolts. once it was in I sat there and made sure it was in a spot that made my foot happy. it did but that's when I noticed it was slightly crooked. I sat there for a few minutes trying to decide if it would bother me or if I would be able to ignore it. I decided right away that it would drive me crazy and feel sloppy. tomorrow I will go back out and move the top hole ever so slightly to get the pedal vertical.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:01 PM   #405
evilokc

went back out and got the throttle pedal straight. didn't take to long, maybe 25 minutes. my partner in crime came out again to lend a dainty hand. I need to drill the new hole for the throttle cable to come through and I should be ready to roll. snapped a pic but the pedal looks crooked in the pic because I was lying across the bench seat. so I'm crooked not the pedal. i used a level this time. I need to order the matching brake pad as well. then I started it up and let her growl at me in the garage for a few minutes.
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2017, 12:29 PM   #406
CountofMonteCarlo84

A local body shop performed the following tasks, among other things, for me over the past few weeks [I can give out them name in PM if anyone is interested]:

1. Outside Mirrors [I don't know how you guys safely drive these without mirrors. Even with them its a little tough].
2. Tailgate chains/making the tailgate functional
3. Front fender rolling
4. Rear Bumper [this was a custom job as the truck already has a roll pan, but I wanted a bumper also. So now it has a roll pan and a bumper]
5. Hooks hidden in the bed [these are inserted inside the bed into the stake pocket sections and pop out with a button]. I will have to get some photos for you.
6. Custom cut rubber bed mat
7. Alignment and work on the door mechanisms and windows. Couldn't quite get this as good as I wanted so I just ordered the Altman latches.
8. Repainted the hood because it had some rock chips and fine scratches I wasn't happy with.

I think it all came out pretty good. See photos below [the photo of the rear bumper taken from straight back is with the bumper wet from rain so it looks a little weird].

CountofMonteCarlo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:58 PM   #407
Russell Ashley

That looks great. I might have to consider a roll pan like you have as my truck now has an aluminum gas tank in the rear and it shows between the bumper and bed.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:55 PM   #408
Russell Ashley

I was down at my son's shop last week. While there I put all of the chrome parts back on but didn't get an after pic. He has just a few more things to do and it will be done. He has gaped the doors so that they fit good and the gaps are even, and now I think I will have to do something about the hood hinges as I now notice that the hood doesn't close tight. It didn't bother me before when the truck had patina, LOL. I should have it back home by the end of next month. He has another TF in the shop that he is painting and doing some other stuff to. It has an SBC engine with a blower. I didn't meet the owner so I'm not sure if he is a forum member or not.
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2017, 08:18 PM   #409
Black_Sheep

Lookin good Russell...
Black_Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:44 PM   #410
mud.man.rj

Your truck sits just perfect Russell.
Mudman.
mud.man.rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:04 AM   #411
Russell Ashley

Thanks guys. My son has another TF in his shop to paint. It has an after market front suspension but sits too high in the rear. The owner saw my truck and wants his to sit like mine so my son is installing a TCI lowering kit like mine has for him.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:25 AM   #412
CountofMonteCarlo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
That looks great. I might have to consider a roll pan like you have as my truck now has an aluminum gas tank in the rear and it shows between the bumper and bed.
That is one of the reasons I did it...
CountofMonteCarlo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:19 PM   #413
ChuckDriver
A320 Pilot/USAF Retired

Looks great Russell!!

ChuckDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:56 PM   #414
idbeast

Electric window crank switches, with dual window operation with button and one touch up and down control... now to rewire with the proper length wires to locate it all under the dash and wire wrap it all neatly...
Attached Images

idbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:05 PM   #415
vintovka

Nice. Power stuff is nice. I like folks who have never seen a crank-up window jiggle the handle on my non-power ones thinking thats how they work.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:18 PM   #416
idbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
Nice. Power stuff is nice. I like folks who have never seen a crank-up window jiggle the handle on my non-power ones thinking thats how they work.
ROFLMAO I have crank-up windows on my 55 GMC 2nd and yes it is funny to watch!
idbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:39 PM   #417
vintovka

I think its my just installed power actuated sub running boards. You open the door and the lights come on as the boards crank down. Assumption is everything is power. The boards work great and make two 13" steps up into the cab. I added grab rails on each side so as not to tempted to grab wheel getting in. Ruined last column.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:12 PM   #418
evilokc

did a little mock up tonight. drilled the new hole and ran the throttle cable. its going to work fine. I do need to get a new end to attach it to the throttle pedal. I'm online searching for one now. would be nice to just walk into a parts store and ask for one but that never works for me. progress is progress.
edit- after looking at replacement ends all night it seems a new throttle cable os a better option than a replacement end. so that's what I'm gonna do.

Last edited by evilokc; 09-04-2017 at 01:19 AM.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:03 AM   #419
bowt1ed

Slowly, but surely been drilling holes and mounting/mocking up firewall for engine stuff before blowing apart again for paint - hopefully, this fall. Got column, booster/master, trans stick, throttle cable done. Still gotta drill and mount for fuse block/wiring, emergency brake, and AC.

Cheers, Jim
Attached Images

bowt1ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:10 PM   #420
crossfire84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowt1ed View Post
Slowly, but surely been drilling holes and mounting/mocking up firewall for engine stuff before blowing apart again for paint - hopefully, this fall. Got column, booster/master, trans stick, throttle cable done. Still gotta drill and mount for fuse block/wiring, emergency brake, and AC.

Cheers, Jim
very nice work, keep at it!
C4 rear
Porter built a arms
Never give the Devil a ride,because he'll want to Drive!
crossfire84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:18 PM   #421
Russell Ashley

That's beautiful.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:09 PM   #422
mud.man.rj

The serpentine kit is like a jewel, beauty.
Mudman.
mud.man.rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:30 PM   #423
evilokc

tonight was a total bust. I installed the throttle cable. I really didn't think it would take long and this is all it needs to take a ride. I'm not happy with the routing. the cable has a curve that I think is a little extreme. I'm also concerned that I'm not going to have full throttle operation. tomorrow I will start over. I may have to make a small bracket that will allow me to move the cable location without moving the pedal. I'm really not sure at this point I'm bummed.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:09 PM   #424
Russell Ashley

I went through this problem when I tried to use the type of pedal you have and that is why I suggested that you use the type with the cable attached at the bottom. If the engine is mounted in the original location the distance between the firewall and carb is too short to allow the cable bend required for smooth operation.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:45 PM   #425
Black_Sheep

The cab is finally all one color again. Check out my build thread for more photos...

Black_Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote