The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
GMR-PERFORMANCE

Poor quality items from LMC

Being that many are buying from them I thought I would post up on issues that I have had with there items.

I bought all of my seals and such from them.. Out of everything I bought I had to
replace the door seals,

re work/ find used channel steels,

replace the front windsheild seal.

door reg splines cut so poorly no handle would work

aucustic kit.. extremely poorly made and not even close to fitting

Speaker kick panels needed a fair amount of triming to fit.

Cab body mounts incorrect

inner door rests not lining up with factory holes.

Deluxe heater knobs look great but do not have the clip to retain to lever

There is more to post but I think you can get the idea...

So for seals soff seal stuff create no issues on fitment or getting the doors to shut.

Many things had to be searched out and found in great used shape vs the off shore stuff they sell.. Like the door handle set up, glass channel etc..

Most of these places are selling the same items, ( I know that is not the case with everything) so even trying another vendor may not be the fix.. Keep in mind that not only are you going to be installing parts but making them fit and work will be just another task to add to the list..

I have spent over 5 1/2 years on my frame off build and the truck is at 98% right now. Looking back I regrett some of the choices I made on what I bought and where I bought it.. But if my troubles and issues can help others in the future its all worth it..

Price seems to be a common selling point.. Sorry but with the amount of issues I had with seals alone I would pay double for the kit to ensure its trouble free and works correctly. Doing jobs over and over is not worth it.. at least to me..

I have messed around with the door seals for a week with moving the door, latch etc..
Had a guy that does a large amount of hot rods classic car glass work do the front and rear glass.. After about an hour of fighting with the LMC seal it was a no go. We where able to locate a soff seal item and the glass was a dream to install..
my truck is almost all 100% stock items. Front bumper and roll pan are the only items that sheet metal wise are not GM.. Both where not a good fit. So my issues are not with other items that are poorly fitted.

update

The LMC door limit straps are JUNK do not bother.. I happend to find a great set of stock ones in the salavage yard other wise the Jeep items I had read work great.

Maybe I should list the parts I bought that where a spot on fit... HA HA

I feel bad for the guys that bought all of that over seas sheet metal.. WOW those guys are spending huge time fixing the new stuff.. Maybe I am just picky but I just passed on a killer 57 nomad.. Reason it was from N Dakota and it was almost the price of what I can buy here and what is here in AZ is in better shape almost 100% fo the time if it is really from here.. I was lucky and my truck was extremely solid from a rust stand point.. dent and holes well that was just more fun than a bag of cats..

Last edited by GMR-PERFORMANCE; 09-19-2012 at 05:37 PM.
GMR-PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote