The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-24-2017, 08:05 PM   #1
GDWoodbutcher

new guy w/old truck ( or other way around )

Hello everyone. I'm Dave, from Elgin Il. I bought a 66 lwb stepside 3/4 ton 2wd about 6 weeks ago. I'm sure to have a thousand questions, but for now I am disassembling it to a point. The truck is very solid, mounts, supports, cab floor are all good, and for sitting outside, paint is sunburned but surprisingly intact. Wood in bed was all but gone, exposing that portion of frame to surface rust. I belive it may still have two orig. tires, as they are U.S.Royal Fleet Carrier brand, which I think changed over to uniroyal by 1967. Interior is completely intact w/good orig. seat and radio delete. It's a three on the tree - hope it's like riding a bike - I'm hoping to have truck put back together by summer sometime, and will attempt to paint it myself. Goal is to have a nice looking truck that I can use as a truck, much like the one my dad bought new in 65 and I learned to drive on in 71. P.S. I'm okay w/ single master cyl. and 4 wheel drums, but a mechanic friend says I should bury the split rims in a field somewhere. So far I'm having a blast, thanks for listening.
GDWoodbutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:10 PM   #2
DPowers
One foot in front of the other

Re: new guy w/old truck ( or other way around )

Welcome to the site.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote