The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2019, 12:16 AM   #26
shp4man

Re: Rant!!!

I don't think the average millennial could make it out of the driveway within 30 minutes if they tried to steal my old truck, even with the keys. A manual choke that you need to pull to start up, manual brakes and steering. A four speed manual transmission that doesn't really start in first gear...haha...it would be a damn funny video to see one try.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:07 AM   #27
special-K
Special Order

There used to be that terrible TV show where they would plant (entrapment) a car on the street with keys in it, then film the person stealing (taking?) the car, and consequently the arrest. They had a device to shut the vehicle down and lock the doors. They should come out with the same type of show, but for comedy, using early models with three on the tree. They wouldn't be needing that shut down device or the door locking one. The thief would still be trying to figure it out when the cops walk up with the cuffs. Only thing is, they could only get "attempted" theft charges. The show could be a game the thieves don't know they are playing. The prize would be keep the car if you can pull away in it!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:17 PM   #28
cayoterun

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
In the late sixties I was skidding logs in the Kaskaskia River bottoms in Illinois. My dads partner had a Mack B Model with two sticks. I would ride out of the woods in the afternoon with him. I loved watching him crawl along shifting that thing like cutting hot butter.

MY Peterbilt came from the factory with a six and a four. When I bought it with 500,000 miles, I had a thirteen speed put in it because I knew I would be turning it over to someone soon and they would not know how to drive a two stick. I seldom drive it and now I have the truck locked in the warehouse because I can't stand to see somebody destroy it. I'm thinking about selling it.
Off subject some but, Hello, neighbor: I drove for "Taylor Bros." (no relation), out of Springdale, then "Bredehoeft" out of Decatur back in late 50s early 60s. Making good money-----$.04 per mile running double. I rode with a guy who could play a tri-plex like a banjo and make that bulldog really bark.

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote