The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-04-2017, 05:40 PM   #1
weq92f

Man o man... Customer support... Jeggs

...isn't what it used to be....

FYI

Wow. Bought from JEGGS ( V1 ) some HEDMAN ( V2 ) tubes back in december.

Item was marked in stock, they took my 420 bucks immediately and said it would ship right away.

Got an email some time later that the tubes would ship from the MFG and would most likely arrive on 01/06/2017.

Today ( 01/04/2017 ) I call them ( 3 weeks, 2 days after the $$ went out ). I call V1 and they tell me there isn't anything they can tell me. That sometimes V2 will change their ETA on stuff and there is no tracking information. I'm told by V1 that V1 doesn't have a method of informing me when V2 will ship the tubes.

I call V2 right away. They want the Purchase Order number, which only V1 would have. The guy at V2 asks for the part number puts on hold and comes back and says "Oh those will either ship out tomorrow or Friday."

Hmmm...After I'm told there is nothing V2 can do either. I believe this guy was just getting me off the line by feeding me BS.

I cancelled the order with V1. They seem to not really care.

Hth,

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:09 PM   #2
blf

Re: Man o man... Customer support...

I've had such good luck with Summit lately that I keep going back to them... they ship so fast they beat amazon a lot of times.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:42 PM   #3
CaptRMW
Custom Sport W/T

Location: Tarpon Springs,Fl & Annapolis,Md. ....................Quaint drinking villages with a fishing problem

And Summit jerked my chain for 90 days. I disputed the charges to get them to acknowledge that there was a problem that was covered by their warranty and on the 90th day they issued a refund. It is called customer harassment.
CaptRMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:20 PM   #4
blf

...and then there's that.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:33 PM   #5
kwmech

I've ordered from them both within the last 30 days.. I don't know if it was the holiday traffic or not, but customer service and shipping was lousy on both fronts
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:16 AM   #6
James the III

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post
...isn't what it used to be....

FYI

Wow. Bought from J@E@GG@S ( V1 ) some H@E@D@M@A@N ( V2 ) tubes back in december.

Item was marked in stock, they took my 420 bucks immediately and said it would ship right away.

Got an email some time later that the tubes would ship from the MFG and would most likely arrive on 01/06/2017.

Today ( 01/04/2017 ) I call them ( 3 weeks, 2 days after the $$ went out ). I call V1 and they tell me there isn't anything they can tell me. That sometimes V2 will change their ETA on stuff and there is no tracking information. I'm told by V1 that V1 doesn't have a method of informing me when V2 will ship the tubes.

I call V2 right away. They want the Purchase Order number, which only V1 would have. The guy at V2 asks for the part number puts on hold and comes back and says "Oh those will either ship out tomorrow or Friday."

Hmmm...After I'm told there is nothing V2 can do either. I believe this guy was just getting me off the line by feeding me BS.

I cancelled the order with V1. They seem to not really care.

Hth,

-klb

You could have ordered straight from headman.. but then have to pay the list price.. so you didn't want to do that..

You used to be able to order stuff like this from speedshops local to you, but everyone stopped as the parts cost more that way..

you can still order the stuff through your local parts chain store napa/advanced/etc but that cost more than .
the big box speed shops online so you went for the cheapest way..

Have you ever though of why they can sell cheaper???
They are not paying people that know much other than data entry..

I'm shocked I tell ya, shocked..

What am I shocked about... the customer that cheeped out then complains when parts are sold out ( I know you think you are the only one that ordered those headers and jegs might have had a set in stock, but another order beat you to them) and is wondering why over the holiday's the part is delayed..
Cause no one takes vacations when their family is home and school is out..
James the III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:12 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

How do you know it's BS that they will ship today or tomorrow? Isn't tomorrow 1/6, the date they told you? before your calls? Did cancelling your order put a set of headers on your doorstep? It sounds like the "I want it all and I want it now" syndrome that is overtaking Americans. Instant gratification through punching a but it now button, extremely short shipping promises (think Amazon), etc. I come from a time before the internet when most people didn't know what all was available out there...only knew what you put under their nose. You used to have to be resourceful and now you just need internet. I deal with this syndrome in what I do for a living, with the younger customers mostly. And my business is hands on, with all sorts of intangibles I have no control over. My objective has always been get it done in the most time efficient manner, with as little inconvenience to the customer, to the highest standard of quality and it seems those things aren't as important as getting it done yesterday

Anything worth having is worth waiting for.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:14 AM   #8
Dustmaker65

I think Special-K hit the nail on the head!

"I want it all and I want it I want it all and I want it now!"
Old 01-05-2017, 11:44 AM   #9
TheRocket

I buy everything I can locally, from my local CARQUEST store or my local NAPA store. CARQUEST is owned by a husband and wife who have been in the business a very long time and know what you need or try their best to find it. NAPA has some very bright people working there. O'Reilly's has employee turnover that rivals McDonald's and they aren't locally owned. There are some things I have to buy online, but I buy what I can locally. The local guys buy the advertisement in the local high school football and/or basketball teams programs. Does Summit? How about office supplier Quill?

If you and I don't support Main Street America we have nothing to complain about when we are eventually forced to buy everything online. Our community no longer has an appliance store or a jewelry store. People chose to drive two hours to Amarillo, Texas, to make their purchases. Those stores there aren't supporting our local Scout troops, church youth groups, YMCA, etc.

Think about it.
TheRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:51 PM   #10
weq92f

Each his own I suppose. The 400+ refund will reach my account soon.

What I'm concerned about is that they took the money immediately on the false pretense that the item was "in stock" and would ship out as soon as the money reaches the vendor. Then, 24 hours later, they tell the customer, it will not arrive for another 3+ weeks. Then I wait for 3 weeks to confirm the shipment and am told they have no idea when it will ship and they have no way to determine when it will ship.

That is bad business. The cancellation was an attempt on my part to punish them for their bad business.

I have another part for another car on back order. It's a 65 dollar expansion tank for my BMW. ECS Tuning has the order all set to go when they get stock on the item. The difference is they did NOT take my money yet. They will take the money when the item ships.

BTW, Special-K, they told me it would arrive on the 6th, not that it would ship on the 6th. So I called on the 4th to confirm the shipment was either on the way or was about to ship out. The answer I got was "we don't know." That's when I posted my rant and cancelled the order.

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:16 PM   #11
70STOVEBOLT

I ordered an exhaust kit from Jegs on December 17th and they have not taken my money yet. They also have no ETA listed, but I have not called them yet. I am not in a hurry as I will not be installing my exhaust system until it gets warm out anyway. If it doesn't ship in what I think is a timely fashion, I will pay the higher price from my local parts house.

Owner installed options:
Front Sway Bar
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Cigar Lighter
Courtesy Lights
Deluxe Side Markers
Wiper Delay
Power windows
Power Locks

Coming soon: EFI

2015 Silverado 1500 LS 4.3/6L80/3.23
70STOVEBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:09 AM   #12
James the III

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post
Each his own I suppose. The 400+ refund will reach my account soon.

What I'm concerned about is that they took the money immediately on the false pretense that the item was "in stock" and would ship out as soon as the money reaches the vendor. Then, 24 hours later, they tell the customer, it will not arrive for another 3+ weeks. Then I wait for 3 weeks to confirm the shipment and am told they have no idea when it will ship and they have no way to determine when it will ship.

-klb
I'm going to guess you've never worked in a warehouse or a sales counter.
The person or online site only can go by the fact that the inventory system says it's in stock..
They have no control over it being wrong.. or the part/box being damaged. but counted as good.. until a person goes to pull it from the shelf..
and no control of when the vendor (headman) will do another run of those headers..
Have you ordered straight from headman and got your headers.. My guess is nope. and even if you did re order through them you'll still be waiting..

Happy holidays..
It's ok.. 7 out of 10 customers are just like this.. and why people hate working retial.
James the III is offline   Reply With Quote