The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
48chevypu

Project: No Budget

My father picked up a 1948 P/U that has become our project. I love having the abilityand time to spend quality time working hand and hand with my dad.. He picked the truck up for a great price, it have a lot more wrong then he thought but nothing we can't fix.

Here it is the day he picked it up and I can honestly say the people that worked on this poor truck before were what to call hacks. lol. Lots of crappy welding, wiring, and bandaid fixes that we are slowly fixing to make it safe. Dad wants to have it ready to drive this summer so we are not fixing every single thing in the short time we have.

Jeff
Attached Images

48chevypu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
48chevypu

Re: Project: No Budget

After many discussions I finally talked him into checking the floors and found there wasn't really any floors in this truck. So we can all guess what that led too. The previous hacks did half butt install a SBC and hacked half the firewall in the process.
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
48chevypu

Some more pictures of the floors and firewall fixes. The front cab body brace/mounts were attached to thin sheet metal which caused the cab to sit low in the left front corner. The doors shut 100% better after the floor repairs. Until he wants to get into doing the outer body work they won't fit the way I want them but heck as long as he is happy that is what matters.
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
48chevypu

OK since we were this far into and the brake system was a mess we decided to make the switch to Mustang2 IFS. Here are some of the picture of that progress thus far. This has given us a chance to fix how the engine, transmission and rear axle were installed. We are also thinking of switching over to a BBC that I had laying around the shop.
Attached Images