The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #1
ducksfootball82

Where can I get these covers?

I've done countless searches and can't seem to find this same pattern. Anyone know where I can get these covers? Name:  Seat Cover.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  100.1 KB
ducksfootball82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:49 PM   #2
thelonerife

Re: Where can I get these covers?

I think SMS fabrics might have the similar fabric. I know they used to carry the Highlander fabric.
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:06 AM   #3
vectorit
What?

Far as I have seen, no one makes that cover.
thelonerife is correct, SMS is the place to go for the fabric and vinyl.
It will be up to you to find a skilled automotive upholsterer to use your old covers a pattern to make you new ones.

Of course there are all kinds of companies out there saying they have the "right cover" for your truck, but look closely and they are not the "correct cover"...

I am having mine redone in correct fabric and vinyl from SMS, though I am doing a few modifications from OEM due to a few personal preferences. Each bench is running about 500 dollars a piece to have the covers built from scratch, so far the results have been better than expected for me.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #4
BK72BURB_3/4Ton4x4

I called and spoke with these folks in TN, great southern hospitality :-)

http://www.ricksupholstery.com/saleofthemonth.html

According to their website:
"COVERS ONLY. Each cover comes with instructions on installation, except, Buddy Bucket Sets. Each cover has 1/2" sew foam all the way across the cover, not just in the Insert. (Includes) upper and lower cushion covers only. We do not SUPPLY or SELL frames, Full Foam Bullets, Hog Rings or Pliers."

I have not personally seen their work but looking through their website they appear to have a great selection for our trucks and prices seem reasonable. Would love for a local TN resident to swing by and give their personal feedback.

Brian
BK72BURB_3/4Ton4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #5
Steve Hafner

. . . .

Carsinc just made a BLUE seat cover with that pattern for my 70 C-10 a few months ago..

I'm very pleased with it and will post some pictures when I get it installed next month.

My seat made with the cloth and scroll pattered vinyl was around $400.

I don't know what colors they have available though.

. . . .
Attached Images

Steve Hafner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:44 PM   #6
Hplar56

i have a 72 K20 burb that is orange with white top and lower bottom with the deluxe trim (trim around bottom of windows)...my question is this. i looked on the glove box for interior color and it states parchment. but seats,front and middle) along with the dash bumper pad is a dark green. all other trim (door panels, headliner) are white. did someone at sometime change the seats? what gets me it the dash bumper....seems like a bit of work to change it to green, or is color combination for real? Also no carpets, but rubber mats...I understand the 72 K20 burb is somewhat rare so i'm trying to bring it back. It has the rear air but all the brackets are missing from the motor...so help with that would be great also. I'm thinking the Alt and P/S should be mounted on the drivers side? with A/C on the passenger side? when i picked it up, the guy said he took off the A/C brackets for his truck. but it was a good price so didn't think much of it at the time..
new at this so if i'm in the wrong area for these questions, please let me know, thanks for any help
Hplar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:31 PM   #7
vectorit
What?

Sure it is more than likely some one found a donor Suburban with better condition seats and dash pad and swapped them out, heck back in the late 1970's my Dad got a deal on 3 brand new 1972 black benches still in the plastic and swapped out the worn out green benches it had.
It wasn't until this year I changed them back to the original green vinyl and cloth from SMS fabrics.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:36 PM   #8
Bigdav160

Actually, if you had parchment interior your dashpad and floormats should have been "sandlewood". It's a tan with a hint of green.
'73 Z-28 Camaro
'63 Ford SWB Uni Pickup
'50 Ford Coupe
Bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:25 AM   #9
Hplar56

thanks to all for the information....the dash pad could have been sandal wood but with years of fading..it looks green..the steering column in a tan color...
need to put new seat covers on anyway...thanks again
Hplar56 is offline   Reply With Quote