The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-28-2016, 10:00 AM   #76
1968vetL-71

Re: 68 K20 GMC/Chevy

Thats just a down right good looking truck!!!!!!!!!
1968 belair 2door post #s 427/385
1936 ford 5w coupe dads 1st car
1969 camaro ss (17,xxx) miles

Wanted: 69-72 suburban project, 69 camaro convertible. also any big block cars. 69-70 gto judge project.
1968vetL-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:07 AM   #77
special-K
Special Order

I just went back and saw your last post. Before that, I was going to say, in reply to 1968Vette's post, paint that '68 GMC back to Light Blue and you'll really get the attention. That's one of the old '60s Steady Eddy truck colors... same as Woodland Green/505/Dark Green. I'm used to seeing base trucks in that color. Don't think I'd ever seen a Custom or Super Custom K2500 (or K/10) in that till I saw pics of this truck when it was all one color.

I am a big fan of Woodland Green. I've had a few and made it my company color when I ordered my '92 K3500. I got out of that two years ago and want to paint the '95 K2500 Suburban I replaced it with same color. It's the universal truck green. Been on trucks about as long as black paint.

Look at '67 GMC pictures to decide on that chrome. I see it as minor, though. For me with that trim the question is whether I want a smooth and round look or trimmed. You know the base GMCs had painted grilles in 67/68

I guess with a nicer factory truck, you don't see a lot of, I go with keeping it what it is to the eye, at least. But I plan to do a color change on my '72 K2500. I always stayed with original color, except some ground-ups, but never intended to leave this one white.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:37 PM   #78
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Went back to look at all the dopey threads I had started, totally forgot about this one.
Should have been adding on. Im still all over the board on this truck. Had an offer to buy but guy must not have been serious (shocker lol). Let a couple people know it could be had. I did get this truck and a bunch of parts for a pretty sweet price. But I have dumped another 3k in it with tires, wheels, and interior upgrades ... Man the money goes fast. So this truck with all the things Ive done with it plus NOS side trim, NOS hood and fender brows. NOS cab lights. A nice floor and nicer bedsides. Sheet metal to fix the doors and rocker. A tach, vac, speed warning dash. 16x7 steel wheel for a change over if someone wanted to. Probably other stuff too ... anyway I offered it out at 6500 all or nothing and it looks like nothing is the way its going to be haha! Im going to keep working on it, which seems to make me want to keep it more and more (I am king of wishy washy, if that was somehow a board contest I would win hands down). In the end its still supposed to be one car and one truck ... Its a day to day thing =)
Attached Images

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:38 PM   #79
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Still have the rubber floor mat to put in and the dash pad. Gonna look great! Im thinking about putting the new bezel on the tach vac speed warning dash (wood grain on it now is a tiny bit wonky) and installing that instead of the plain dash in it now.

Just bought a couple more spotlights off the board. I may install them ... I had a 72 C20 with dual spots and really liked the look.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2017, 10:12 PM   #80
special-K
Special Order

Going good with that truck. I'd buy it for that if I could. I feel yours and my '72 GMC are related somehow. Both have a similar vibe. People don't go as ga-ga over mine as yours and I'm not saying it's as nice. But, it's a veteran driver 4x4 that looks healthy yet while showing it's age and not trying to be perfect. Just a cool truck. Both have cool stuff added and people looking don't know if it was all done years ago and just driven or if it's going back uphill and jut hasn't been painted yet. I even have a Keep On Trucking plate frame, but won't fit cuz tag sits down on the bumper and as it is you can barely see the stickers in the top corners with the top behind the tailgate. Basically, we are both fixing our trucks up as is and driving them, just like back in the day, rather than restoring. Or, until that ever happens.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:02 AM   #81
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I picked up some stuff from Livrat that he was going to use for another project (and changed things up) a week or so ago. A lot of metal tossed in the bed, and a whole bed floor laid down on top of the bedrails. Mine has some major dentage due to a big block in the bed settling hard lol.

Anyway my nephew helped me unload everything and when we slid the bed floor down off the bed rails there was a little more carnage on the rails. I was thinking, this is what a truck is for. Hauling stuff and not getting uptight over a few boo boos haha!

Made me rethink ... Do I really need a nicer bed?

Old 07-03-2017, 08:26 PM   #82
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

I wouldn't get too upset you didn't sell it because you will probably miss it when it's gone. Decent K20s are bringing dumb money right now. It is crazy. I hear you on the it's a truck thing. I put a steel floor in my Longhorn because I wanted to use it. I figured if a core Cummins fell over in the bed, I didn't want it going through the new nice wood floor. Well, a few months ago, going around a curve, a 12v 5.9 fell on it's side in the bed of the ol Longhorn. It dented the floor, but it didn't do any thing else. At least I haven't finished the bed yet is what I told myself.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:47 AM   #83
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Had my nephew over the other day. We got loaded up for a dump run. Traffic was so backed up because of the holiday traffic heading over the mountains we gave up, it will save for another day.

Went home and started measuring the cab top for installation of the NOS cab lights. I was having him do the measuring but it was making him nervous because we will be drilling holes and he was afraid to be off haha.

I had him pop in the smooth marker lights. Not sure if I like them though. I bought a couple sets off the board, mostly for my panel. I know they will look good on it.

I'm perfectly happy if it never sells (I'm also fine if it does). I really love the truck, and as much as I need the room, I think I can figure out a way to make room for it haha!
Attached Images

Last edited by CG; 07-04-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:25 PM   #84
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Put the new rubber floor mat in today, it's a decent fit. Planned to put in recovered dash pad and different gauge cluster but I totally messed up the pad.
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2017, 01:42 PM   #85
CG
BlahBlahBlah

The other day I was going through my burb/panel parts and discovered I had a set of pickup tail lights and back up light lenses in there. Bought them a very long time ago for a burb I had but never used them. Wherever I got them from sent me the wrong set and me being brand new to burb at the time never even noticed. Been changing out the bulbs on my truck and the bullseye lenses we're crappy looking and one of the taillights was broken on the edge. Cool I have a use for those lenses...Not exciting, but I'm happy with them.
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2017, 09:30 PM   #86
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Out at the farm.

[/url]

Old 07-21-2017, 09:50 PM   #87
flashed

That is a cool pic and I love the old barn.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:17 PM   #88
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Thanks! I recently found out its much older than I thought. I had thought my in-laws family built it around 1917 because there is a picture of my wife's grandfather as a toddler out in front of the barn in 1917. Not sure where I put that two and two together lol. It turns out it was actually there when the family took over the farm. Id have to ask some of the older folk if any of them know the actual build date