The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-02-2003, 04:02 PM   #1
Suicide-D

Location: Katy, TX...but the love of my life resides in Dublin,OH.
Question Another Door Adjustment Question

Well I did battle with the door that I reskinned and put a new inner bottom in yesterday. I finally got it adjusted at the bottom and I'm relatively happy with the gap along the side. the bottom of the door fits ok. The top is another story. I could never get the top of the door above the latch flush. It sticks out about a 1/4 of an inch... I thought it was the stupid latch assembly and moved it all over the place....to no avail....I came in the house did a quick search on here and read something that said to remove the assembly and see if the door lined up then. I did that and it didn't change. So I now assume it is a hinge thing... it was too late last night to keep messing with it... if I had known it was going to bug me all day at work today... I wouldve done it last night. I plan on going at it right after work today I was just wondering which hinge to start with.... If I adjust the top hinge in will it bring the other side in? or is it an opposite corner twist thing? Just trying to get some input before the battle begins .... I'd like to have the upper hand this time... knowledge is power afterall.... Wow this post was long... I was just typing away and looked up... sheesh sorry so long.
Suicide-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:46 PM   #2
Suicide-D

well... i looks like I'm going in unarmed....15 minutes til quiting time... I'll start with the top hinge and go from there...
Old 06-02-2003, 05:56 PM   #3
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Man, I just went through this and all I can tell you is to keep on doing what you are doing and eventually you will hold your mouth just right and it will work. I would suggest a helper if possible. I also pulled a couple bolts so I had fewer to loosen and tighten each time..
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 07:55 PM   #4
Suicide-D

I found part of the problem

the door has twist in it...I will post a question in another thread about it. I was afraid of this... one reason why it(the twist) exists... when I did the skin I didnt tack weld it yet because I wanted to make sure it fit...scary stuff... I sure I hope I dont ruin this sucker... it would break my heart.