The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-16-2005, 02:54 AM   #1
slamd58
<- Determination Pays Off

Vacumn Leak - need help!

Guys I have a vacumn leak behind the dash. It gets worse when the top air/heater control is moved from inside air to outside air. I have traced it from a vacumn canister in the engine bay (bolted onto the heat/a/c exchange box on the left side of engine bay). I can remove the line in the engine bay and the leak stops. I am assuming this line goes to the heater/ fan unit under the dash. However I can't see where it goes...... to much stuff up there. Does any one have an idea of where this line should attach? Anyone got a picture of there dash out but the heater box in place (if that is possible).......

thanks for any help

p.s. got all the leaks fixed on my blazer and had some engine work done...... (the 454 is smooooooth now). Also, had the muffler shop extend the pipes out to the back of the blazer instead of dumping underneith..... It is much quieter and sounds awesome.... I know I'm disappointing some of you who work on your trucks..(and actually still love doing it...I'm jealous) ...been there done that..... don't have the time since I just bought the Coldwell Banker R.E office here in K-falls....
slamd58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 06:59 AM   #2
vtblazer

Your correct, it goes to the heater/AC control panel.
The controller had three tit's on the back that accept the hoses, that's where it needs to go.
I want to say the middle one but can't remember for sure.
If you can't get under enough to see the back of it, there's only two screws holding in the controller, just remove those and it will drop down.
Check the owners/shop manual's too, thay should show where engine vacuum will go.
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 12:02 AM   #3
slamd58
<- Determination Pays Off

VTBlazer - thanks for the info. I was looking at the controller today and saw the two bolts underneith the controller that looked like it held them on..... could this also be the reason why the fan switch is harder than heck to move from one position to another.....or is it just a bad switch?

Is there any chance that someone could post the page out of the shop manual that show where the vacumn lines go? I don't have one yet, but is now on my list of things to order.
slamd58 is offline   Reply With Quote