The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2018, 08:45 PM   #11
CousinTone

Re: Leaking near flywheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxiss454 View Post
Well, rain in the forecast here for the next week or more, so not sure I'll get a chance to dive into this for a while. One of the drawbacks of not having a garage with enough space to work in.
I have a garage and no space to pull in and work on my truck. When I was single, I had a garage with lots of space to work on my projects AND park my luxury car from Europe. Now I'm married and have enough room for my tools...on wheels (woodworking) and extra large 3 story tool cabinet setting up a temporary table between two body panel work stands from Eastwood and a 2003 Suburban we bought new to drive and two teenagers picking my pockets bare. I think the storage is moving more toward the door and and my workspace may be zero by 2020 and I'll be working in the backyard...LOL

Oh well.............at least i've got my '64 project in the driveway (under a cover or the city will cite me, believe that!?) and do housework/remodel jobs in the driveway on my temporary table. Better than sitting around all day watching the boob tube. Have a good day all........

And yes to the above advice. Check top to bottom, it MIGHT be or MOST LIKELY your rear main, but could be valve cover, oil sending unit, blowback so give it a wash with oven cleaner and a power washer and then keep an eye out for that nasty brown stuff and ATTACK.
CousinTone is offline   Reply With Quote