The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-02-2019, 08:40 PM   #26
jocko

Re: Very Nice Truck on eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharris View Post
Id bet a paycheck the seller pulled this one because he lists as no reserve, but pulls it when his 'reserve' isn't met. I hate to speak ill but I just wish he'd post with honest prices instead of the game playing of bidding it up themselves and then waiting for someone to top his bid, and then pulling when it doesn't hit. Its a shame because they produce some nice old stuff out their in Utah. PM your way Jocko.
Ah! Thanks, I just now put two and two together that it got yanked early, I thought it actually sold for the $15K+ and THEN got relisted. Yeah, this kinda stuff just gets under my skin. Even though there's a little more risk involved in using craigslist, as long as you're smart about it, I've had more luck dealing with individuals on CL than on ebay.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:57 PM   #27
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Spoon View Post
What's the cause of the bed and molding being so out of alignment with the cab trim?
Cab bushings are shot
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:07 PM   #28
Jake Spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Cab bushings are shot
You would think a seller that's in the business of refurb'ing and flipping these trucks would address bad cab bushings.
Jake Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote