The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
209jose71

how big of rim and tires combo u can go without cutting into the bed

i want to buy a 2000 and newer truck i want to know what tire and rim combo can i put without cutting into the bed and what would be the best way to bag it like a six link, four link i want to haul a car trailer to but mostly just want to go as low as i can go with out cutting the bed. and the bed is going to be used any pix will help please
209jose71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:05 AM   #2
texasfunk

Re: how big of rim and tires combo u can go without cutting into the bed

you can get pretty low, theres an under bed notch kit that will let it lay out on 20's, i have been doing a ton of research the past few days as i plan on bagging my 04 sierra within the next couple months...one thig i have heard is that once you go past 5/7 the tranny crossmember becomes an issue, but AVS sells a raised rossmember for about 150 bucks...AVS also carries the underbed notch. on mine i plan to do a 2-link in the rear, i didnt initially want to do a 2 link but i have heard from a bunch of people around town that they have been running 2-links on their DD's with no issues for years, Ekstensive sells a reasonably pricd bolt-on 2 link for ou trucks, no cutting required..bolts ino the hangers and axle.
texasfunk is offline   Reply With Quote