The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-31-2017, 09:44 PM   #1
wolfsden

wheel spacer

i have a 63 C10 with drums in the rear and disc in the front, I just picked up some 22x9 transit wheels they have a six inch back space, will i need to purchase any spacer? I also would like to know what tire size I should get I don't want the tires to take up to much wheel well space cause I want to eventually install a airbag suspension to drop it, I was told that I should at least get a 7 inch drop from one without c notch or drop spindles. I think I can always add them later if I feel I want more drop but I'm not looking to cut any wheel wells, I guess I will have to see where I am with clearance once I install the bags to see if I can go any lower but I think that the right tire size selection and wheel spacers if needed is important and Im not sure what would be best for my situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated This is how she sits now with 15 inch wheels.
Thanks
Attached Images

wolfsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:20 PM   #2
mehoff400

Re: wheel spacer

check out my build thread i just installed some 22" transit wheels. i had to run spacers in the rear.

well looks like you have already checked it out before

My truck
mehoff400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:08 AM   #3
luvbowties

Smile Re: wheel spacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsden View Post
i have a 63 C10 with drums in the rear and disc in the front, I just picked up some 22x9 transit wheels they have a six inch back space, will i need to purchase any spacer? I also would like to know what tire size I should get I don't want the tires to take up to much wheel well space cause I want to eventually install a airbag suspension to drop it, I was told that I should at least get a 7 inch drop from one without c notch or drop spindles. I think I can always add them later if I feel I want more drop but I'm not looking to cut any wheel wells, I guess I will have to see where I am with clearance once I install the bags to see if I can go any lower but I think that the right tire size selection and wheel spacers if needed is important and Im not sure what would be best for my situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated This is how she sits now with 15 inch wheels.
Thanks
I think your stance looks quite nice as it is.
Sam
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:38 AM   #4
wolfsden

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbowties View Post
I think your stance looks quite nice as it is.
Sam
Thank you Sam, I just love the way they look lowered.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #5
Northwest Outlaw

I just threw some Victory wheels on my '61 that had about 6.5" of back spacing. They are temporary until i can get the wheels i want, so i used spacers to center the 245s in the rear fender well. I ended up going with a 1.5" spacer after trying 2" and 1.25"

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attached Images

Northwest Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:36 PM   #6
wolfsden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Outlaw View Post
I just threw some Victory wheels on my '61 that had about 6.5" of back spacing. They are temporary until i can get the wheels i want, so i used spacers to center the 245s in the rear fender well. I ended up going with a 1.5" spacer after trying 2" and 1.25"

how did you get your lugs to fit those spaces? Stud threads on the truck are 7/16
the ones on the spacers are metric.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:18 PM   #7
Northwest Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsden View Post
how did you get your lugs to fit those spaces? Stud threads on the truck are 7/16
the ones on the spacers are metric.
I used the lug nuts from the truck to bolt the spacer to the hub, then the nuts that came with the spacer to bolt the wheel on. Since these are temporary i wasn't too concerned about finding matching lugs
Northwest Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:34 PM   #8
wolfsden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Outlaw View Post
I used the lug nuts from the truck to bolt the spacer to the hub, then the nuts that came with the spacer to bolt the wheel on. Since these are temporary i wasn't too concerned about finding matching lugs
I don't think you can find matching lugs, At least I didn't.