The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-08-2019, 10:26 PM   #226
zicc1835

Re: The Doc & Kim 69 build

Jim,
I been tied up between the job getting in the way and prepping the Jersey Shore house for sale ....closing in a few days ...bitter sweat 20 years no regrets ...opening another chapter looking to snow bird it for a few winters ... the good news is ill have more time for the TRUCKS
Jess
zicc1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:44 AM   #227
jaros44sr

Good idea to snow bird ,we do it now and then. Last year it was rather mild up here, so no need to head south! When do you plan to retire and enjoy the profit from your labors?

Talk to you soon, we are'nt spring chickens any more...

keep up the nice work on your truck

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:11 PM   #228
zicc1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
Good idea to snow bird ,we do it now and then. Last year it was rather mild up here, so no need to head south! When do you plan to retire and enjoy the profit from your labors?

Talk to you soon, we are'nt spring chickens any more...

keep up the nice work on your truck
im going to stay 2 more years tops...im still enjoying the job and most of all the folks I work with...Im planning on more time on the truck,, thanks Jim, ill keep peekin in on your progress as well and plan on taking a ride out your way while the weather is nice
Old 07-11-2019, 07:25 AM   #229
jaros44sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicc1835 View Post
im going to stay 2 more years tops...im still enjoying the job and most of all the folks I work with...Im planning on more time on the truck,, thanks Jim, ill keep peekin in on your progress as well and plan on taking a ride out your way while the weather is nice
great, your on the short term list. trucks not here, 4-8 weeks in the computer shop, then it's on it's way to NY for my sons shop...

you're welcome anytime, call ahead, to make sure I'm here. NEW little girl in the family, Cecilia Mary

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

Jim
Old 08-13-2019, 01:21 AM   #230
zicc1835

Hey Jim congrats on Cecila Mary ...since last post sold the Jersey Shore house and now side tracked ... been tryng to avoid this for about 2 years as I new its been sitting in my neighbors garage ....oh yeah for 45 years in hiding... she is now in my garage ...a time capsule. I’m going to methodically resurrect it ...slowly I promised Bob the former original owner 86 years young who parked it in the garage in 1974 a ride when its a running 265 SB with a power glide behind it every thing is how it came out of the dealership(with some bumps and bruises ) original invoice and Jersey title from 55 enjoy the pics....
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2019, 06:15 AM   #231
nlped

OMG!!!! That’s incredible! I want one of these so bad!

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:13 AM   #232
67C10Step

WOW! That is truly a gem. Hasn't suffered decades of poor decisions by a any number of previous owners is priceless in my book.
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:17 AM   #233
cornerstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
WOW! That is truly a gem. Hasn't suffered decades of poor decisions by a any number of previous owners is priceless in my book.
^^^^^X2^^^^^

Man! Long term relationships have their rewards! SO NICE! Good luck on getting it running and definetly GIVE THAT MAN A RIDE

Lets just think about this for a minute.... He was 22 when he bought it new, drove it for 19 years and tucked it in his garage for the next 45 YEARS. This deserves a story written up in Hemmings or some sort of news paper. Just amazing.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.

Last edited by cornerstone; 08-14-2019 at 01:31 AM.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:33 AM   #234
jaros44sr

thanks for the congrats Jesse, just spent a week down at OC, NJ with the family. What confusion!!!

Neat garage find, but you knew it was there, so not so much of a find, but still cool. that was our family car back in the day, only a '56

SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

Jim
Old 08-15-2019, 09:50 AM   #235
Abe31968

Hay zinc dam nice job .you were the right home for me and my wife's baby .keep up the great work .don't forget to send pics thanks abe and kim
Abe31968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:43 AM   #236
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Nice garage find. I just read through your thread. I'm waiting to see both up and running.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:50 PM   #237
zicc1835

thanks everyone for your kind comments. I need a break from the trucks for a few so this will be a positive distraction. I had Bob the former owner over yesterday, he wanted to look through the glove box and spare tire compartment. He found a tool bag in the spare tire well and said his Mom made the tool bag and he wanted to keep it ( he is 86). I invited him to come an participate in breathing life back into the wagon. He agreed and before I took him back home we greased the hood hinges and put a battery in. Wouldn’t you know it head lights signals stops backup lights horn all worked......amazing.... on another note I joined the trifivechevys.com forum.....you have no idea how great this forum is compared to others its not as user friendly so far and just want to say thank you to this forums community and moderators
thank You
Jess
Old 08-15-2019, 09:26 PM   #238
zicc1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlped View Post
OMG!!!! That’s incredible! I want one of these so bad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
^^^^^X2^^^^^

Man! Long term relationships have their rewards! SO NICE! Good luck on getting it running and definetly GIVE THAT MAN A RIDE

Lets just think about this for a minute.... He was 22 when he bought it new, drove it for 19 years and tucked it in his garage for the next 45 YEARS. This deserves a story written up in Hemmings or some sort of news paper. Just amazing.
Quote:
thanks for the congrats Jesse, just spent a week down at OC, NJ with the family. What confusion!!!

Neat garage find, but you knew it was there, so not so much of a find, but still cool. that was our family car back in the day, only a '56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe31968 View Post
Hay zinc dam nice job .you were the right home for me and my wife's baby .keep up the great work .don't forget to send pics thanks abe and kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Nice garage find. I just read through your thread. I'm waiting to see both up and running.
thanks all more to come
Old 08-17-2019, 07:46 AM   #239
jaros44sr

happy birthday......

SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

Jim
Old 08-17-2019, 08:17 AM   #240
zicc1835

appreciate that thank you
Old 08-18-2019, 08:43 AM   #241
jaros44sr

That wagon is a time capsule, I'd wash it and call it good, after a safety item check. White wall snow tires are cool. Good luck with it and keep us posted on progress

SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

Jim
Old 08-18-2019, 09:16 AM   #242
cornerstone

Quote:
That wagon is a time capsule, I'd wash it and call it good, after a safety item check. White wall snow tires are cool. Good luck with it and keep us posted on progress
What HE SAID ^^^X2! Thats what I would do also, keep the time capsule just that, only new rubber parts and saftey items upgrades. What are the guys saying on the tri 5 forum about the rarity of the find?

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:13 AM   #243
zicc1835

Quote:
What HE SAID ^^^X2! Thats what I would do also, keep the time capsule just that, only new rubber parts and saftey items upgrades. What are the guys saying on the tri 5 forum about the rarity of the find?
Quote:
Im going to do just that ...no mods make it safe and just have fun driving her/him.. not sure which gender yet definitely a grocrey getter and there is a story behind that from “Bob” that I will share when I have time to do a little research @ the library
Old 08-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #244
zicc1835

Quote:
here is a quote from the tri5 board..

hi NJ and welcome. good to have you here. doesn't get any better then a survivor, there that way only once. congrats, looking forward to pics.

so surprisingly there is no fee thus limited support the photo option wasnt working when I joined since been fixed by Sid I take it he is the force behind the whole forum and can appreciate his dedication Im new kid on the block and tooling around and getting more familar .....so I got under her/him the Grocery Getter
to get the Fuel tank out Bob filled it before he parked it ...there is a plug in the bottom of these tanks from factory ...thank God I got all 17 gallons of varnish out.... on the wagons the tank is up over the spare tire well and you need to drop the shocks to get the clearence or for the tank to get by the rear ...maybe..well just not enough room ...so with some advice from TRI5 board members I have to move ther rear forward undo u bolts drop drive shaft you guys no the drill slide her forward on the perches etc. ill have pics today im going to see if i can it out
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2019, 11:58 PM   #245
zicc1835

new tank in.....with new sending unit and filler tube...if i wasnt travling next week she would be running
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #246
jaros44sr

Nice work Jesse, are you going to pull the carb apart, and replace fuel lines. That sending unit was looking well past its working life.

What engine does it have in it?

SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

Jim
Old 08-25-2019, 10:33 PM   #247
zicc1835

Quote:
Nice work Jesse, are you going to pull the carb apart, and replace fuel lines. That sending unit was looking well past its working life.

What engine does it have in it?
Yes sir I’m going to do all that .....plugs are out soaking cylinders for the week carb coming off for rebuild it’s the 265 78k on the motor and Powerglide 😎 bought some new sneakers for her from Coker last night 😉
Old 10-07-2019, 09:47 PM   #248
zicc1835

Quote:
^^^^^X2^^^^^

A couple weeks ago I took Bob for his first ride in 45 years believe me this is his happy face .....( someone on tri- five board asked if I was the other teen driving)we drove around my neighborhood..insured but no plates...I’m waiting on a NJ to send me a duplicate Title they want to take and destroy the original ...my way around is to get the duplicate and use it to transfer ownership
So far
Getting a little shine back
Replaced gas tank
Re cord radiator
Replaced water pump
Replaced rad hoses
Tires
Rubber gas line
I have all rubber brake hoses not installed yet
I will rebuild original water pump (for engine rebuild someday)
Enjoying the slow resurrection
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2019, 04:00 AM   #249
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

It's looking beautiful keep cleaning it up. ....

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:43 AM   #250
cornerstone

I think it's safe to say you have made Bob PROUD to have sold his baby to you! What a noble gesture... I've got warm fuzzies right now