The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2019, 05:43 PM   #1
Vicente Aceves

Grilling in the backyard

I need a hand getting a value on these grills. If someone can help identify from these pictures which grills (inner and outer) are original and which are repops and giving me a guesstimate as to a value of each I’d really appreciate it.

I need one for my 70 blazer and would like to use the grill that is most correct/original. I know the egg crate is for 71-72. I’m replacing the aftermarket grill in the last photo
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Vicente Aceves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 02:45 PM   #2
Ironworking

Thumbs up Re: Grilling in the backyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente Aceves View Post
I need a hand getting a value on these grills. If someone can help identify from these pictures which grills (inner and outer) are original and which are repops and giving me a guesstimate as to a value of each I’d really appreciate it.

I need one for my 70 blazer and would like to use the grill that is most correct/original. I know the egg crate is for 71-72. I’m replacing the aftermarket grill in the last photo
Posted via Mobile Device
For a 1970 stock truck, the top left pic with #3 down is the prize winner. All of the top 3 will work. Although, i am pretty sure that stock came with lettering.
A steel grille is worth almost double of an aluminum.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/full.aspx?Page=48
Old 07-08-2019, 03:26 PM   #3
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: Grilling in the backyard

Everything that i have seen on the 69-70 grills says that the two I have boxed in red are original and the middle one would either be a repop or a service replacement grill. Only the originals had the double horizontal stamps that went to the headlights (from what I have seen) Also the inner grill is 69 if it is totally flat and 70 or replacements had raised areas from what I have read.

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:19 PM   #4
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

As far as I know from many threads posted here over the years; Richard2717 is correct. The headlight buckets would be black also.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:23 PM   #5
Vicente Aceves

Well that's good news because the one next to the egg crate grill has the least amount of dents. I think I'll use that one. Thanks for the help
Vicente Aceves is offline   Reply With Quote