The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-22-2017, 07:01 PM   #1
i82much

68 K20 on ebay

What are your thoughts on this truck?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Chevrol...pYrVgR&vxp=mtr

I have a 72 that is not nearly as nice, and no present intention of upgrading. That said, if I had a place to store it, I would consider selling my 72 and buying something like the truck above. The price does not seem exorbitant to me, almost like I am missing something as to why it is so cheap.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:13 PM   #2
72 tigger

Re: 68 K20 on ebay

Looks like a nice truck- price seems reasonable- I wouldn't call it cheap. Doesn't have a lot of options. Nice pic of the outside of the glovebox- it's the other side that I would like to see
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:22 PM   #3
i82much

Re: 68 K20 on ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
Looks like a nice truck- price seems reasonable- I wouldn't call it cheap. Doesn't have a lot of options. Nice pic of the outside of the glovebox- it's the other side that I would like to see
I see. It is the low end trim/options that keep the truck from being more valuable? This is not a concern for me, I wish it had white bumpers! But that is good to know. If i can get into a truck that nice for low 20's, I am not sure why I would go through the effort to restore the one I have.

That said, I'd have to fly to wisconsin with a paint thickness gauge and do everything I could to confirm there are no cheap rust repairs. So many times I've seen ads for cars or trucks that look solid and then when you get there you see ripples in the bodywork, you crawl underneath and see cheesy fiberglass patches that have been POR'd over instead of welding in new metal, etc.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:03 PM   #4
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Smile Re: 68 K20 on ebay

after looking at the pics i would want to see it in person for sure to see if it has any hidden rust issues. the frame looks like it is pitted really bad so i wonder how much rust is hiding under that pretty paint. it also appears to have the stock t-221 transfer case and front drum brakes so i would drive it to make sure it steers and stops straight. just my 2 cents.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is online now   Reply With Quote