The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #1
Rocketman72

New Memember "Don"

Hello folks, my name is Don, I just joined a couple weeks ago and I have already learned much needed info for my 72 K5 build.

I started this project 10 years ago or so and I'm just getting back to it now that I have the time. I blew out my 12 bolt way back when, after installing a 454 in this buggy. Prior work includes complete steam cleaning a painting of the undercarriage and all prior paint was stripped down to original factory paint. New rockers were installed due to rust in the usual places.

It sat out at my place in the desert for about 8 years which destroyed all my body work which I have now re-done back to it's prior glory, front doors forward. Still need to finish the bedsides and tail gate, which is not far from completion.

Currently I'm in the process of installing a 14 bolt SF and maybe doing a disc brake conversion at the same time..... money is going to be the only issue. Sooner or later I'll run out of discretionary income. For now getting the rear end installed is my primary concern.

Other projects I own but will likely not live long enough to finish is a '72 Chev 3/4ton long bed and a '61 chev., 1 ton panel truck that I inherited from my Uncle. It has a straight 6, a 4 speed compound or granny trans and big old 16.5 split rims. It used to be a US Forestry vehicle. It still runs and drives.

Thanks to all who have helped so far, I hope I can return the favor. I'm well versed in auto body and related structural repairs/replacements and I also have some experience with painting. I'm a licensed homeowner insurance claims adjuster so I'm also available for consultation with these matters if it's appropriate to discuss here. Otherwise, PM me with any questions you may have in this regard.
Rocketman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
kcsa75

Re: New Memember "Don"

Welcome to the forum. You're among friends here.

But...
Attached Images

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:26 PM   #3
1ATony

Welcome to the site.

Tony
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:20 PM   #4
Rocketman72

Here ya go kcsa

Thank you Tony....

I have owned this one for a bit but, I just rescued it from the desert about 6 weeks ago...Work in progress.
Rocketman72 is offline   Reply With Quote