The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-17-2016, 12:05 AM   #1051
Trucker79

Re: 1976 Square "Simple Green"

Does it run? What they need to do is find a produce packing shed (not hard to find in california) park the vehicle over night in the cooler and try to start it stone cold!
Trucker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:14 AM   #1052
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker79 View Post
Does it run? What they need to do is find a produce packing shed (not hard to find in california) park the vehicle over night in the cooler and try to start it stone cold!
In the video it was running. Haha I like that idea. It will be 28 in the morning here. I hate the cold. Lol.
RodsGreen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:17 AM   #1053
Trucker79

Or just bring it to my house. It's snowing here. Ick!
Old 01-17-2016, 12:17 AM   #1054
RodsGreen10

Here is a email from Ken...

It's been on the Dyno and on the road. Also it is a mustang md 1750 dual eddy current Dyno. Taking it home tonight and driving it tomorrow and back to you on Monday. Figured we would put 10 psi to it while we were at it!

I asked him what dyno they had it on that's why he told me what dyno it is.
FiTech is a class act in my book!!
Old 01-17-2016, 12:28 AM   #1055
Crushkrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodsGreen10 View Post
Here is a email from Ken...

It's been on the Dyno and on the road. Also it is a mustang md 1750 dual eddy current Dyno. Taking it home tonight and driving it tomorrow and back to you on Monday. Figured we would put 10 psi to it while we were at it!

I asked him what dyno they had it on that's why he told me what dyno it is.
FiTech is a class act in my book!!
So...does it appear it was the tables? Or did they repair something?

And...awesome that it looks like it's fixed...
Old 01-17-2016, 12:34 AM   #1056
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushkrew View Post
So...does it appear it was the tables? Or did they repair something?

And...awesome that it looks like it's fixed...
They did not go into great detail about it. I posted what I was told. That's all I know as of now. I am emailing Ken and Jeremy back and forth as I post this. But I did reset everything and put it back to base 0 levels and did a relearn just like it was first installed did the initial setup and every thing and tested it that evening and no luck. Take that back I changed the WOT AFR. So they got it the way it left my truck after starting all over again. Minus the o2 sensor. That is why they are sending me a new o2 sensor.
What ever it was if it is running like in the video Ken sent me everyone will hear me shout with joy lol. Damn I wish this video would post so you all could see it.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:38 AM   #1057
Crushkrew

Quote:
They did not go into great detail about it. I posted what I was told. That's all I know as of now. I am emailing Ken and Jeremy back and forth as I post this. But I did reset everything and put it back to base 0 levels and did a relearn just like it was first installed did the initial setup and every thing and tested it that evening and no luck. Take that back I changed the WOT AFR. So they got it the way it left my truck after starting all over again. Minus the o2 sensor. That is why they are sending me a new o2 sensor.
Oh yea...forgot you mentioned o2 sensor...I guess that could explain the comment that they had to change values in table....I imagine a bad o2 sensor could screw with the self learning tune....

We are in talking tomorrow. ...
Old 01-17-2016, 12:40 AM   #1058
RodsGreen10

Jeremy said this also.

had to make a couple of accel enrichment changes in the calibration to make it work real good
Old 01-17-2016, 12:42 AM   #1059
Crushkrew

Quote:
Jeremy said this also.

had to make a couple of accel enrichment changes in the calibration to make it work real good
Dude...I think I speak for everyone. ..really hope this is all sorted for you!!!
Old 01-17-2016, 12:46 AM   #1060
SCOTI

Quote:
Haha! Well thanks for making me feel special! And anyone can contact them just like I did. Contact info is on FiTechs website.
Really..... Ray didn't appear to get near the feedback you have. I'm not saying his approach was right or wrong. I am guessing he spent as much as you though?

Regardless.... Not calling foul but I am concerned how one of you appeared to get much more feedback vs the other. I experienced something similar years ago w/a suspension supplier. My buddy got constant attention. Me? Not so much. I paid retail for my stuff. He got his @ less than that.

Again.... I'm just a potential customer on the fence & watchful of how everyone is treated.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:47 AM   #1061
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushkrew View Post
Oh yea...forgot you mentioned o2 sensor...I guess that could explain the comment that they had to change values in table....I imagine a bad o2 sensor could screw with the self learning tune....

We are in talking tomorrow. ...
See that's what I don't get on start up and WOT the o2 is in Open loop. Meaning the fuel is running of the MAF and the open loop fuel table.

Now I never tuned my FiTech with the software just the handheld. But the laptop software opens an entire new world so Jeremy may have needed to go into the laptop software based off of what he saw on my handheld. Well I know my next email to them is about.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:49 AM   #1062
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Really..... Ray didn't appear to get near the feedback you have. I'm not saying his approach was right or wrong. I am guessing he spent as much as you though?

Regardless.... Not calling foul but I am concerned how one of you appeared to get much more feedback vs the other. I experienced something similar years ago w/a suspension supplier. My buddy got constant attention. Me? Not so much. I paid retail for my stuff. He got his @ less than that.

Again.... I'm just a potential customer on the fence & watchful of how everyone is treated.
Go back a few pages and read my post about Ray. Ray is not telling the entire story on his side. It is not my place to tell rays story. I have been up front and detailed about my interactions with FiTech. Unlike Ray. Like I said before I know the story between Ray and FiTech but I am not going to put Ray on blast. And read all over the Internet about FiTech and from what I can see and have read Ray is the only one with issue. IDK Ray and this my sound heartless and mean but really don't give 2 ****s about Rays problems at this point and time after finding out about what he did. Plus he took the FiTechs apart swaped **** from one unit to the other. Warranty Voided! And if I did read his last post correctly looks like FiTech is still going to help him out. You get more flys with honey than vinegar. In all honesty after posting the above I do hope Ray gets taken care of that would just be the cherry on top for me as to how great a company FiTech is. And you are more than welcome to pm me and we can talk about it in more detail hell anyone can pm me it won't bother me!!

Last edited by RodsGreen10; 01-17-2016 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:50 AM   #1063
LostMy65
But Found Her 25yrs Later!

Quote:

Hopefully we see them take care of Ray also.

66 C20 Service Truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428035
LostMy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:51 AM   #1064
Trucker79

You tube it Hoss!
Old 01-17-2016, 12:53 AM   #1065
LostMy65

Quote:
Go back a few pages and read my post about Ray. Ray is not telling the entire story on his side. It is not my place to tell rays story. I have been up front and detailed about my interactions with FiTech. Unlike Ray. Like I said before I know the story between Ray and FiTech but I am not going to put Ray on blast. And read all over the Internet about FiTech and from what I can see and have read Ray is the only one with issue.
I must have missed that.
I kinda got behind on this thread.

66 C20 Service Truck:
Old 01-17-2016, 01:00 AM   #1066
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker79 View Post
You tube it Hoss!
HOSS LMAO!! Working in it!!
Old 01-17-2016, 01:01 AM   #1067
LostMy65

Quote:
Ray this is going to hurt but...

Seriously, FiTech was/is reading this thread I'm sure they saw you tear apart their product, both the controller and the throttle body. Changing chips from controller to controller. I wouldn't warranty anything after someone completely took the thing apart, who knows what all you could of done to it.
I still don't understand how the controller "came apart" when it has screws in it. It did cause you took it apart.
Swapping parts from one unit to the next, and I think you dove in to the program and poked around and probably changed something where it wouldn't do a "reset".
You ever get the feeling there is more to the story then what someone saying? When you are ask a direct question you side step it and won't answer the question but instead says he's done talking about it.

Now that is the PG version for the forum members. I want put you on blast in front of the world. I know what's up with you and FiTech. What you did is wrong and deceitful. So may I suggest a graceful bow out from you. Like I said before I am the only one who has had a real issue. Now I am not trying to get a pissing match stared. Last I checked this is my build thread and not yours. So exit my thread. I will no long acknowledge you and I would suggest other members do the same.
I totally missed this post.
Let Fitech know, because of you I'm putting my order back in.

66 C20 Service Truck:
Old 01-17-2016, 01:05 AM   #1068
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
Hopefully we see them take care of Ray also.
They will he just need to play nice and follow procedure. And do what is right. That is what I have done being patient and communicating with them and not getting pissed off and not taking stuff from one unit to the other and messing with stuff that I don't know about. Like I said you get more flys with honey. Everyone should know that.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:07 AM   #1069
LostMy65

Just ordered the FiTech 600hp again. LOL!
Besides, my FCC is sitting here lonely.

66 C20 Service Truck:
Old 01-17-2016, 01:10 AM   #1070
LostMy65

Quote:
They will he just need to play nice and follow procedure. And do what is right. That is what I have done being patient and communicating with them and not getting pissed off and not taking stuff from one unit to the other and messing with stuff that I don't know about. Like I said you get more flys with honey. Everyone should know that.
Yes, I missed that post earlier in the thread.
Thanks for bringing it to mine and Scott's attention.
Quote:
Ray this is going to hurt but...

Seriously, FiTech was/is reading this thread I'm sure they saw you tear apart their product, both the controller and the throttle body. Changing chips from controller to controller. I wouldn't warranty anything after someone completely took the thing apart, who knows what all you could of done to it.
I still don't understand how the controller "came apart" when it has screws in it. It did cause you took it apart.
Swapping parts from one unit to the next, and I think you dove in to the program and poked around and probably changed something where it wouldn't do a "reset".
You ever get the feeling there is more to the story then what someone saying? When you are ask a direct question you side step it and won't answer the question but instead says he's done talking about it.

Now that is the PG version for the forum members. I want put you on blast in front of the world. I know what's up with you and FiTech. What you did is wrong and deceitful. So may I suggest a graceful bow out from you. Like I said before I am the only one who has had a real issue. Now I am not trying to get a pissing match stared. Last I checked this is my build thread and not yours. So exit my thread. I will no long acknowledge you and I would suggest other members do the same.

66 C20 Service Truck:
Old 01-17-2016, 01:11 AM   #1071
RodsGreen10

Quote:
I totally missed this post.
Let Fitech know, because of you I'm putting my order back in.
Haha. Hell yes! Man I am ready for mine to be back and it has been fine tuned by FiTech!!
Old 01-17-2016, 02:01 AM   #1072
SCOTI

Quote:
Yes, I missed that post earlier in the thread.
Thanks for bringing it to mine and Scott's attention.
Already knew the info.... I was up to speed of the 'drama' that he possibly created for himself (info that was posted here for all to see). Like RG10......I don't give 2 ****'s about his specific scenario but I do about the resolution (for both).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:10 AM   #1073
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Already knew the info.... I was up to speed of the 'drama' that he possibly created for himself (info that was posted here for all to see). Like RG10......I don't give 2 ****'s about his specific scenario but I do about the resolution (for both).
Understand.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:27 AM   #1074
swampbog

Why the hell am I getting all excited waiting for the weekend to end so Rod can get his unit back?

Oh wait, I know.
It's because I'm still hopeful that this works out and I will get the same tech support if I have a problem with mine, which isn't until spring.
swampbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:33 AM   #1075
funkatation

I haven't installed mine yet but I can tell you their support has been great. I must have called them 5 times before I purchased and they were helpful each time. My friend put it on his tbi 1990 454 and said it drove much better, so looking forward to getting mine on. Thanks for all the info here!
Posted via Mobile Device
funkatation is offline   Reply With Quote