The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Vendors Marketplace

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-15-2018, 01:24 PM   #51
SparkyRnD

Re: RnD Fabrication 1947-1954 Chevrolet & GMC Pickup & Suburban Aluminum Radiators!

thanks for the continued support!
Old 02-28-2018, 11:35 AM   #52
theastronaut

Re: RnD Fabrication 1947-1954 Chevrolet & GMC Pickup & Suburban Aluminum Radiators!

Sparky, we need to resolve the filler neck issue. I last emailed a week ago today and still haven't heard back. I should be picking up the inner fenders and radiator support from the powdercoater this week so I'll be able to assemble the front end next week... I will need a correctly made radiator so I can finish the truck.

Thanks,
John

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:38 PM   #53
theastronaut

Sparky emailed back today. I'm stuck with a radiator that can't be used because the filler neck was welded in the wrong location. This is 100% their fault, not mine; I didn't ask for it to be moved from the location shown in their pics. We're doing a frame-off restoration on the truck and ordered the radiator ahead of time along with a ton of other parts. I did unbox it to check for damage as soon as it arrived. I didn't notice then that the filler neck was in the wrong place at that time. I didn't assemble the front clip and catch that the filler neck was in the wrong location until around 5 months later. Because I didn't catch their mistake and notify them within the ten days of arrival I'm somehow not covered under the "one year warranty against manufactures defects". Seems like it's really a ten day warranty.

I don't feel like I'm at fault here. Or maybe I don't understand how a "one year warranty against manufactures defects" is void just because I didn't catch **their** mistake until after the ten day after arrival period.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:27 PM   #54
SparkyRnD

As I mentioned to you through email, you didn't notify us until over 5 months after you received the radiator. Our policy clearly states that any discrepancies on port location or fill neck need to be brought to our attention within 10 days, not sure why you waited that long to notify us. On that product page our website clearly states the default fill location and shape of the top tanks, and it says to notify us if you want them in a different location (which you didn't).

We offered to send you the neck at no charge and no cost on shipping, which you refused. Also, as I have stated before, warranty against manufacturing defects refers to leaks on the core, broken welds due to improper welding, etc and that port location and fill location are not considered warranty items. It is also on our policies page on our website
Old 03-01-2018, 10:15 PM   #55
theastronaut

Like I said, we bought a ton of parts up front at the beginning of the restoration. I checked it for damage as soon as it arrived and boxed it back up until we were ready to install it. I did not realize the neck was in the wrong location until we started assembling the truck. That is why it's been five months, which is well within a "one year warranty", so that's why I contacted you this late. In my mind I still should have a few more months of warranty left...

You pictures show what anyone would assume is the "default" location of the filler neck. Behind the tank on a 90* filler neck. Very similar to the original radiators because the upper radiator support blocks the top of the tank. Why would I need to ask for you to specifically place the neck where your pictures show it to be located, and where the factory locates the filler neck?

It's clearly made improperly, which I think is a "manufacture's defect".

You originally offered to charge us $35 plus shipping for a filler neck for us to have installed at our cost. I thought that was ridiculous since it should have been installed in the correct location to start with. Then you offered it for free if we would cover shipping. Now you're offering to send it for free, including shipping.

Does this really look like something I should have to specify that I didn't want when ordering? Especially when the picture on your website and the original radiator both have filler necks off the back of the tank on 90* necks? The filler neck is completely under the upper radiator brace. That's unacceptable, unuseable, and nothing anyone would ever order on purpose.

Your picture showing a rear mounted 90* filler neck. I didn't specify that I wanted a top mounted filler neck, so this is what I should have recieved.

Also, you are correct that your website states the default location of the filler neck. That is because you've recently edited it to say that, sometime since 2/2/18. It didn't say that when I ordered the radiator, and here's the screenshot of a cached page to prove that. Also a screenshot of your current page to show the difference. There's nothing wrong with a business editing/changing their product description and policy, but don't say that it said "x" when I ordered when it actually said "y", and blame the improperly built radiator on me. That's dirty.

You also edited your policies page to read differently regarding the warranty of filler neck locations...

Current:

Cached:

Old 03-01-2018, 11:00 PM   #56
MalibuKasey
Artist

Dang, fix this Kats problem! You can't get anymore evidence than that. Anytime some one does the level of restoration @theastronaut does it takes time to build it. Especially when your a restoration shop buying ever part necessary at the beginning of the build. Disappointed a vendor on this site would respond in this manner.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #57
theastronaut

To clarify, I never "refused" the offer of a "free" filler neck. It never was offered as "free" until I brought the issue to the forum. I simply stated in emails that I shouldn't have to pay for a filler neck, or pay to fix the filler neck that was made improperly to begin with. Sparky wanted $35 plus shipping for a neck the first time I contacted him to resolve the filler neck issue.

Another thing to make more clear. RnD edited their product description after I contacted them to resolve the filler neck issue. When I ordered the radiator there was no mention of "Standard layout is with fill neck is on top and upper tank made flat with notched corners (contact us or note on order if you wish to have the fill neck off the back vertical face and / or if you need the upper tank to be radiused)".

Here is the original description from when I ordered. This is a cached page (dated 2/2/18) that anyone can view via a google search.

The current (edited) product description. Note that the standard filler neck location is now said to be on top of the tank, where accessing the cap is impossible with the original style radiator support and top cover. Why would you make that change knowing that there is no access to the radiator cap in that location? That makes no sense, unless you've added that description to favor your side of the argument.

The original warranty description, cached version dated 12/29/17. Note that filler neck location was never mentioned as not covered by the warranty.

The current edited version. Filler neck location is added to the "must be notified within ten day" rule.

Old 03-02-2018, 04:21 PM   #58
theastronaut

And one more point I want to make. If you're going to edit your policies and product description, you should change them on all of your ads for consistancy. Your current eBay listing has your old product description and warranty polices. Which is applicable since they're both "current"? And which do you honor now that they're not in agreement with each other?

Ebay policy, copied today (3/2/19) at 3:16 Pm.

"PRODUCT INSPECTION:

Please inspect your product as soon as it arrives. If there are any signs of damage to the box or the product, you MUST notify us AND UPS immediately in order to begin a claim. You have 5 days to report any damage, and if the box is damaged, you must retain the box until the claims process is complete.

GENERAL RETURNS:

All returns require a Merchandise Return Authorization (MRA) number. All Returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee, and buyer is responsible for return shipping. Contact us immediately if you find a defect, and we will work with you to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Upon receipt and inspection of the returned item, if the item is in new condition / not installed, we will issue the credit in the same method used for initial payment. Installed products are not able to be returned (no exceptions).

WARRANTY:

All of our products come with a warranty from manufacturer’s defects for a period of one year from the original date of purchase. In order to process a warranty claim, buyer must contact us within the warranty period and obtain a WCN (Warranty Claim Number). Buyer shall be responsible for return shipping. If damage is due to a manufacturing defect, it will be repaired or replaced (at seller’s discretion) and we will return the product to you. If damage is not a manufacturer defect, buyer may elect to have the unit repaired at their expense, and will also be responsible for the cost of return shipping."

Ebay product description, also copied today. No mention of top mount filler neck location. Pics show rear mount 90* neck.

"This Radiator fits the following:

Ø 1947-1954 Chevrolet and GMC Pickup trucks and Suburbans

Ø Manual or Automatic transmissions (just note which you need when ordering)

Ø V8 models (may fit 6-cylinder versions, but has not been test-fitted to confirm)

Ø This is a bolt-in swap, no cutting or sheet metal modifications required

Ø Can be built for stock engine or for LS Conversion (or any other engine combo)

Ø This radiator uses the stock mounting locations

At RnD Fabrication, our radiators are designed to be bolt-in upgrades that not only cool your big motor, but also look great in your engine bay. We start with extra-wide dual 1” cores and weld those to aluminum tanks. You can also polished them for a mirror finish! These radiators are also available for various engine swaps, just tell us what motor you want to run and we should be able to adjust the location of the inlet and outlet to match. Plus, our radiators come standard with a built-in automatic transmission cooler at no additional cost, or we can build them without a cooler if you prefer.

Note that our radiators typically do not facilitate using the original fan shroud, and are designed to work with the stock mechanical fans, or we can also build an electric fan & shroud kit if desired (contact us for details).

Each unit is fully welded with no epoxy or plastic, and is 100% aluminum that is Tig welded. Each Crossflow Radiator features:

American Made using American Materials
Complete Aluminum Construction
Fully Tig Welded
Welded fill-neck
Dual 1” wide cores outflow most 4 and 5 core radiators!
No Epoxy or Plastic
Pressure Tested before shipment
Available w/ or w/o Integrated Built-In Transmission Cooler
Built-In Tabs for Electric Fan and Custom Fan Shroud
Bolt-in for your application (no cutting or welding required)
Welded-on Engraved Top Plate for a Show Quality Finish (not available on Downflow models)
One Year Warranty against Manufacturer's Defects on All Products
"
Old 03-06-2018, 12:38 PM   #59
theastronaut

I need to know if you're going to make this right or if I'm stuck with fixing it myself. I need to get the radiator in the truck. Tomorrow will be seven weeks since I first contacted you about this.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:55 PM   #60
SparkyRnD

As mentioned previously, I can send you the neck at no charge and I'll eat the shipping cost on that.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:51 PM   #61
theastronaut

A neck doesn't really help. I can't weld it on myself or weld up the hole where the current filler neck is.

I will have it fixed locally and post what it costs to fix your manufacturing error that should have been covered under the warranty.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:28 PM   #62
theastronaut

I just dropped the radiator off at a local shop to have the issues corrected. I was quoted $75 to add a filler neck in the correct location, and another $20 to removed and fill the old/wrong filler location.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:45 PM   #63
theastronaut

I picked up the radiator from having a neck added in the correct location, and the top patched up. Cost us $90 bucks to correct your mistake. I will not be doing any business with RnD in the future and I hope anyone looking to buy a radiator will think twice before purchasing from them. I'm also dissapointed that a vendor on this site can handle their problems in this manner and still be allowed to advertise on the forum.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:00 PM   #64
Johns58stepside

I was wanting to get a quote for a radiator and fan for a 58 Ls swap with a steam port shipped to 73089
Johns58stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:14 PM   #65
Johns58stepside

Also I’m not sure what core support I have when I google search it there’s only 1 that shows up
Old 04-03-2018, 12:27 AM   #66
SparkyRnD

is yours a chevy or a gmc?
Old 04-03-2018, 07:34 AM   #67
Johns58stepside

Chevrolet
Old 05-21-2018, 06:35 PM   #68
SparkyRnD

back up top
Old 06-06-2018, 10:23 AM   #69
SparkyRnD

thanks for the orders!
Old 06-28-2018, 12:09 AM   #70
SparkyRnD

back up
Old 07-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #71
SparkyRnD

up top again!
Old 07-24-2018, 10:05 AM   #72
SparkyRnD

contact us with any questions!
Old 08-22-2018, 09:55 AM   #73
SparkyRnD

back up top again
Old 12-24-2018, 02:29 PM   #74
SparkyRnD

back up again
Old 01-25-2019, 12:06 PM   #75
SparkyRnD

remember to ask for your forum member discount when ordering!