The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-24-2004, 08:14 PM   #1
Paneltrucker

Panel Trucks?

I'd like to thank all of the people responsible for this great site! It's one of the most friendly and informative sites I've come across!

I'm looking for my next project and would like to gather some information on the Chevy, or GMC panel trucks. I'm leaning toward the '67 to '70 for their design and overall stance. Did GM make 1/2 ton, short wheelbase panels in these years? I've seen a few running the streets, and as I recall, the rear area behind the rear tire looked shorter on some, than on others.
Granted they were primarily used for delivery trucks, but can someone tell me what factory options were offered as well?

Any and all info is appreciated!

Merry Christmas to all and Thanks once again!
Paneltrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 01:42 AM   #2
A few 72's

Welcome to the board from Alabama.
There was a 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton panel but the WB was the same for both. If you seen a short one it was custom made or you may have seen a blazer that had the rear windows filled to look like a panel. Here is a link for a 3/4 ton. And I think there was a 1/2 ton for sale in VA? May start a post on the parts board asking to buy a panel truck.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php3?t=130156
A few 72's is offline   Reply With Quote