The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-11-2019, 11:49 AM   #1
mr48chev

Auction with AD trucks and cool stuff

I was looking over this auction catalog https://www.yarbro.com/project/details/49037/

If you go to the last page there are several big Chevy and GMC AD trucks with some decent looking cabs on them in the auction.

The only rub is that they bunched trucks together in groups of two, three or four rather than selling them single.

The auction is outside of Odessa, WA which is about 36 miles out of Ritzville to the north.

It's 170 Miles from me and even though I would like to have some stuff out of the auction buying any of the trucks would mean several trips.

Interesting dry land wheat farm trucks though

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #2
Troy Sr

Re: Auction with AD trucks and cool stuff

Wow reminds me of my youth in Montana. We were always going to farm auctions, I love them!!!
Old 07-11-2019, 12:19 PM   #3
mr48chev

That auctioneer runs a real honest auction as I have bid and bought at a few of his auctions but they didn't do the old gent any favors by bunching the trucks together in groups rather than selling them singly. Not too profitable for scrappers either as it is quite a ways to haul to a scrap yard from there.

My flatbed isn't running good enough to drag the trailer up there to haul stuff back right now plus the truck I'd bid on is too heavy for my trailer and winch.

You get over in the other pages and there are a couple of Vulcan anvils and several hand forges that are real interesting

77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:53 PM   #4
fourspeedwagon

Some seriously oddball groupings too. I don't understand them making mismatched lots like that. Each unit would go for more alone than with a couple included disparate additions.
Looks like the junk title transfer is going to be more than the lot prices. I do enjoy buying in bulk however-- thanks for posting Mr48.
If I wind up buying I'll let you know, maybe it'll include something you're interested in.
“People are shocked when they find out I’m not a good electrician”
Dad told me “Son, never strike a man in anger- unless you’re certain you can get away with it”
fourspeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:50 PM   #5
mongocanfly
Post Whore

some cool stuff no doubt

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:36 AM   #6
mr48chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourspeedwagon View Post
Some seriously oddball groupings too. I don't understand them making mismatched lots like that. Each unit would go for more alone than with a couple included disparate additions.
Looks like the junk title transfer is going to be more than the lot prices. I do enjoy buying in bulk however-- thanks for posting Mr48.
If I wind up buying I'll let you know, maybe it'll include something you're interested in.
I agree that the more complete trucks should have been listed separate as guy might be a lot more willing to bid on one rather than three and I think they cost the gent a bunch of money in the process.

I think I have a flat cam or funky valve springs in my flatbed so out of town trips are out for it. My trailer has about a 4K limit so hauling one of the big big trucks is out too.

Lot 360 is the one that actually spins my wheels as the "Chevy Van" is an AD panel That panel would bring a minimum of 1000 and maybe a lot more than that if they had featured it rather than treating it as junk. I like the 35/36 in the mix too. Throw in the 60 per rig junk vehicle title handling fee an you have 240 on top of the four and 4 days of going and getting unless there is a scrapper there who will take the frame from a couple of them off your hands.
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2019, 12:47 AM   #7
fourspeedwagon

Auction is pretty well closed now. I bid on 4 different lots but didn’t win any.
The “Chevy Van” made me laugh too. I bid on a lot with “2 Chevy trucks” that were both GMCs. Tried to grab the “Rancharo and 48 Ford” lot for my Uncle. Oh well, nothing I needed desperately. Thanks for the heads up Mr48
“People are shocked when they find out I’m not a good electrician”
Dad told me “Son, never strike a man in anger- unless you’re certain you can get away with it”
fourspeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:34 PM   #8
mr48chev

The group with the panel went for 4400 which wasn't too bad but I still think grouping the trucks together cost the gent some money in that a lot of us didn't bid because of the expense of going after three or four rigs rather than the one out of the batch we wanted.

I was going to bid on the stock tanks and forgot until too late. I could have paid for the trip and made a profit while still keeping the one out of the five I wanted.