The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-20-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
71gmcburb

My 71 GMC burb

I started a build thread a few mth ago but can't find it no so...

Heres the 71 burb that i bought in November. It's in fairly good shape not too much rust both front rockers ad the rear fenders.

I went with a couple of buddys to get it. It was on CL and didn't have any pics so it was a blind run but when we got there he had warmed it up and when I started it up it sounded great! ended up buying it for $800! It needed some body work but was in fair shape. It needs a pass fender and bumper becuse of a wreck but other than than that the body was straight

heres a couple of pics the night I drove it home thats my buddys 1995 GMC Yukon 2-door behind it

heres what it looked like in the light of day

1 - Don't sweat the small stuff

2 - Everything is small stuff
71gmcburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:40 AM   #2
71gmcburb

Re: My 71 GMC burb

after I bought it I drove it approx 250 mi home with no mirrors, heater or gauges of any kind, and a badly cracked winshield thank god I had my GPS so I at least knew my speed lol and It was at night so the cops couldn't see the windshield. but it drove great untill about 10 miles fron home it started to run a little rough but I got it home ok. the next morning I went out to start it and let it run for a bit and it didn't want to stay running. The PO had put a new set of points and didn't have them set right so I fixed that and it ran great again.

The burb had been sitting for several years and the PO had lost the keys so he had aa new switch hanging under the dash by its wires. that was fixed with a bit of drilling to the OE swith and now the key is whare it belongs again.

I have also replaced the Pass fender and front bumper with good used ones from a 71 GMC pickup

I have installed new mirrors as well

and removed cleaned the dash and repainted the tin inside the Dash

that catches it up to now but I will be sending it to the body shop for rust repair soon and will post pics as progress happens

1 - Don't sweat the small stuff

2 - Everything is small stuff
71gmcburb is offline   Reply With Quote