The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
VictoriaHardware

Dealer Installed A/C for ’64-‘66

There was a kit that the Chevrolet Dealer could order that would give them most everything required to add Air Conditioning exactly the way the factory would have installed it. It was part number 985790 and contained most of the parts for any ’64-’66 truck with the “conventional” cab and thrift or deluxe heater. It included the condenser, dryer, hoses, fan w/ motor, under-dash ducting with evaporator, controls, center duct w/ bezel, under-dash ashtray, and all hardware. The direction booklet had detailed instructions for any truck and any engine. Also were full-size templates for cutting holes in the firewall and the dash panel. The parts to mount the compressor to the engine would be ordered separately, due to the wide variation of engines available. When complete, it looked and worked exactly as if the factory had done it.

I thought I would share this for educational purposes, though it is painful to remember. Not one of my better decisions to sell. I bought it from an ad in Hemmings Motor News about 20 years ago and then sold it 5 years later when I thought I would never need it. In a brief moment of sanity, I saved a copy of the instructions before I sold it. Apparently just the pages relevant to the C10 were saved. This is invaluable to do an accurate installation. It is scanned as a 37MB .pdf file for anyone attempting to add factory air to their truck. When I figure out how to post the full instructions I will. I may have to break it up into mutiple attachments.
Attached Images

VictoriaHardware is offline   Reply With Quote