The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #26
Todd W. White

Re: Dealer Installed A/C for ’64-‘66

YOO HOO! Any help here on this?????
Todd W. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #27
Todd W. White

BUMP
Old 09-25-2013, 11:50 PM   #28
60-66

Todd, if your just cutting the firewall the assembly manual shows what to do. I did it on my 66 gmc suburban. Gm put punch marks in the firewall where to connect the dots and cut. Was pretty simple. I also have a Chevy air dash to help with the center vent hole if that's needed. Jon
Posted via Mobile Device
WANTED :1964-1966 PANEL TRUCK
60-66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #29
LT1 Burb

I printed the templates and they were right on the money, maybe your printer is off.
LT1 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #30
Todd W. White

My printer is a network copier, and can print to many sizes of paper.

Which size paper did you use?
Old 09-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #31
chevyrestoguy

8.5 x 11 has been the standard paper since typewriters were invented. I'd try that size first and see what you've got. As a last-ditch effort, have someone else print the templates and send them to you or have them send you the dimensions.

You're making this way harder than it needs to be.

My build threads:
'55 Chevy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=247512

'64 C-20: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=446527
chevyrestoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #32
Todd W. White

No need to be rude. I'm not making this harder than it needs to be - I just want to get the printouts the right size. How is that me being difficult?

Actually, there are many sizes of paper that are "standard" size in the printing world, but that's besides the point.

The point is that I did print them off in 8.5 x 11, and they were NOT the right size, hence my asking what the scale was on the templates.

Anyone who can provide constructive help would be most appreciated.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #33
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Thanks for taking the time to share this.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #34
chevyrestoguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd W. White View Post
No need to be rude. I'm not making this harder than it needs to be - I just want to get the printouts the right size. How is that me being difficult?

Actually, there are many sizes of paper that are "standard" size in the printing world, but that's besides the point.

The point is that I did print them off in 8.5 x 11, and they were NOT the right size, hence my asking what the scale was on the templates.

Anyone who can provide constructive help would be most appreciated.
I wasn't trying to be rude, Todd. You never stated what size paper you printed your templates on. Many other board members have had success printing the templates, and when you said that you were using a network copier, I wanted to ensure that you were selecting the standard 8.5 x 11 paper. I didn't realize that was being rude. I also didn't realize that my suggestion to have a member print up the templates and send them to you was rude, either. My comment of "making it harder than it has to be" wasn't meant to be derogatory. It was just a statement of encouragement to use the excellent advice that members have posted on this thread and get past this hurdle.

But, if we're on the subject of Rude, you might want to take a look at post #26 and #27.

This is the last post I'll make on this thread, and I hope you have found it to be constructive. I wish you the best of luck, Todd

My build threads:
'55 Chevy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=247512

'64 C-20: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=446527

Last edited by chevyrestoguy; 09-28-2013 at 09:05 PM.
chevyrestoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #35
Todd W. White

It wasn't what you said, but the way you said it that was rude - "8.5 x 11 has been the standard paper since typewriters were invented" was smart-alecky, in the least, and "making it harder than it has to be" sounds rude, as well.

Further, I never implied that your suggestion was rude.

Perhaps this is when texting on cell phones, it's often hard to "get" the intention of the texter, as the textee can't hear the voice inflections or see the facial expressions of the one making the comments.

As for my posts, #26 & #27 are concerned, they were semi-comical attempts to get someone to answer - preferably the original person who posted the templates - with the scale to which they would print out properly.

All I wanted was for the person who posted them to give me the correct scale, as my printer - which is set to a default size of 8.5" x 11" paper, didn't print correctly.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:19 PM   #36
Brocko

hello i have a vintage system set up in my truck 1966 c10. it isn't functioning properly for some reaso. how do i fix this and where do i start? thanks so much
Brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #37
Todd W. White

Go out and find an old-school A/C guy and ask him.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #38
corvettejim1968

here is another great resource.

https://coolc10.com/
corvettejim1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:06 AM   #39
OldGMJon

I know this is a little late in this thread but here is the hole cut from the factory or dealer on my 66' GMC...it will give you a good idea where it goes. right between the two mounting holes. It was a deluxe under dash Harrison model with three pulls mounted under the radio delete on its own bracket and the regular ash tray was in the dash. No in-dash vents except the defrosters, with two swivel balls vents in unit under dash. The pull cable to the heater box in the engine compartment opened the flap directly behind this hole(in the cab) to allow the fresh air to flow into the unit and the cab. Hope this helps someone...
Attached Images

OldGMJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:02 PM   #40
six two swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaHardware View Post
There was a kit that the Chevrolet Dealer could order that would give them most everything required to add Air Conditioning exactly the way the factory would have installed it. It was part number 985790 and contained most of the parts for any ’64-’66 truck with the “conventional” cab and thrift or deluxe heater. It included the condenser, dryer, hoses, fan w/ motor, under-dash ducting with evaporator, controls, center duct w/ bezel, under-dash ashtray, and all hardware. The direction booklet had detailed instructions for any truck and any engine. Also were full-size templates for cutting holes in the firewall and the dash panel. The parts to mount the compressor to the engine would be ordered separately, due to the wide variation of engines available. When complete, it looked and worked exactly as if the factory had done it.

I thought I would share this for educational purposes, though it is painful to remember. Not one of my better decisions to sell. I bought it from an ad in Hemmings Motor News about 20 years ago and then sold it 5 years later when I thought I would never need it. In a brief moment of sanity, I saved a copy of the instructions before I sold it. Apparently just the pages relevant to the C10 were saved. This is invaluable to do an accurate installation. It is scanned as a 37MB .pdf file for anyone attempting to add factory air to their truck. When I figure out how to post the full instructions I will. I may have to break it up into mutiple attachments.
a bit of luck today pulled one out of a pickup today was about an hour to pull it got the wireing evap plastic was still in good shape after the evap door next along with the underdash harness going to have the evap checked going to scribe the evap door on the firewall an gather some more parts no pics this should be pertty sweet with the ls1 in the 66 swb that was a longbed small window will try an post some pics camera no luck great imfo
six two swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:54 PM   #41
nsb29

cool now I know where my ashtray goes
nsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:37 PM   #42
lmansu

is there any way to get a copy of the instruction sheet I'm working on a 66c10 with factory ac any help will be appreciated
lmansu is offline   Reply With Quote