The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #11
slowcpe

Re: '67 Stepper "Laymond"

Thanks everyone.

Well the saga continues with the truck. Jen was out running errands last night and I decided to run to the store to pick up some Octorberfests and something to throw on the grill. Walked out to the garage and decided on a whim to take the truck.

Get in, fire her up, and let it warm up a bit before heading out. Get my tunes going, shut the garage door, pull out into the street and the truck starts to sputter. Its cold so no big deal. WRONG!!!! Pull over on the side of the road, let her warm up, pull back out and the same thing. Did this about 3x in less than a mile. So I limp it into a neighbors drive (had to love the open manifold sound while trying to keep this pile running), mess around with it enough to back out into the road, put it in first and have it die. Pull into the next drive, get out, step into a mud puddle and mess with the carb. Get to the 4 houses down and the truck dies again. Coast into another neighbors yard and decide to check the fuel filter in the carb. It looked good, put it back in, wiped my gasoline covered hands on my shirts, met said neighbors who offered to help push, fired it up, and ran like a champ for the next 100 yards. Back in the garage it goes.

Pretty sure I've figured a few things out: 1) my truck hates me, 2) I was not put on this earth to drive a 6-cyl. truck, and 3) the truck will not be leaving my property again until it is LS powered. I've come to the last straw. Going to LS Fest this weekend will definitely fuel this thought.

Now I have to make definite decisions on this motor which I'm apparently not good at. I prefer to say I'm going to do this and change my mind 100x later on.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote