The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2022, 10:09 PM   #1
ProjectHarold72

72 Power Steering Pump Help Needed

So like many others that have purchased the older C10's from someone else, mind came with a box of parts. One was this original style power steering pump. Hell it may be the original one for all I know. I have a 72 Cheyenne Super with the 400. While I'm upgrading a lot of the front end, I'm also wanting to install the parts that aren't on it already. I'm struggling to find 2 things for the one I have. I searched through the steering posts and quite didn't find what I was looking for.

I have new hoses but I don't know what connects this part highlighted. I also have A/C on this truck and from what I've seen, those with AC should have 2 belt pulleys and mine one only has 1. Am I missing something obvious? If you also happen to know which bolts to use for the bracket into the block, that would be a huge help. First time working on these classic trucks and it feels at times that I'm trying to find my way in a dark room.

I have also seen a pic of this pump with a separate reservoir. I do not have one of those in the parts pile so is that possibly to just get that or should I just look to buy a completely different set? Thanks in advance for the noob questions.
Attached Images

ProjectHarold72 is offline   Reply With Quote