The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
riz

How about some pics of your stereo system in your 73-87 shortbox

Lets start a thread that shows off your stereo systems. A few good pics of the set up and a breif description of the items. I think it would be great to see what you've got to rock!

RIZ
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
bigwheel15

Re: How about some pics of your stereo system in your 73-87 shortbox

Mine currently is just some dangeling wires and a hole where my radio used to be, had it stolen when its in the shop and havent even bothered to install a new one yet.
bigwheel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
riz

Nobody has a nice stereo set up in there truck? I'm sure some of you have a sub box and amps behind the seat and some nice speakers in the dash, doors or cab corners??? Lets see what makes your truck thump.

RIZ
Old 11-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
bucannon
Salty Sailor

Cool Re: How about some pics of your stereo system in your 73-87 shortbox

okay after my truck was stolen and recovered i found out the thief sawzalled the dash to put in his cd player, (guess he was planning on keeping the truck haha) so when i got it back i put my "new" cd player in the box like you see. i then added the amp which is a 500 watt with a 12 inch sub. the two speakers are 6 x 9's all in boxes.

it sounds awsome and whoever is sitting shotgun gets a free back massage!

i also replaced the ignition switch so you need a key to start it... unlike before
Attached Images

Savannah, Georgia
bucannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #5
riz

Can anybody tell me the width of the little tray behind the seat? I'm waiting for the 81 shortbox I bought to get picked up and want to start looking for sub boxes that will fit behind the seat on that ledge. I'm thinking that 2 10" subs, 4 6x9s and a couple nice amps should do pretty well in a little truck cab. Thanks in advance.

RIZ
Old 11-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #6
grs

Hey riz. You don't like my rear step bumper. LOL. I hope you like my radio, and speakers. I put the radio in a box under the dash. It does not hinder my driving. I put the speakers behind the seat. If it needs worked on it will be easy to do. The dash bezel will come out easy too.
Attached Images

grs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #7
riz

Dude your rear bumper is just fine. I like it in the white color. You've got a nice looking truck. I hope mine will have that much style when I'm done with it. Please don't take offense to what others like or don't like. I'd be very proud if I had a truck like yours. I like the steareo set up too. Could you measure the rear shelf of the cab behind the seat? Overall width and depth would be greatly appreciated.

RIZ
Old 11-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #8
PaRedneckRiders

In the 84 i have a pioneer radio i picked up at walmart on sale with 4-6.5in speakers for 70 bucks. That is just hooked to 2-10in kenwoods behind my seat. The only reason i even changed the radio that was in it (was a old jvc) was so i could play music off of my phone.

PaRedneckRiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #9
grs

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz View Post
Dude your rear bumper is just fine. I like it in the white color. You've got a nice looking truck. I hope mine will have that much style when I'm done with it. Please don't take offense to what others like or don't like. I'd be very proud if I had a truck like yours. I like the steareo set up too. Could you measure the rear shelf of the cab behind the seat? Overall width and depth would be greatly appreciated.

RIZ
The rear shelf is about 5 and 1/2 inches deep. It is about 68 inches long. You could put a shotgun back there I think. What do you plan to do.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #10
riz

Thanks bro! I plan on putting a sub box back there with 2 10" subs. I'll mount the amps to the back of the cab. I don't have the truck bought yet and needed to know the dims. so I could start planning my stereo system around the apce back there.

RIZ
Old 11-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #11
grs

Quote:
Thanks bro! I plan on putting a sub box back there with 2 10" subs. I'll mount the amps to the back of the cab. I don't have the truck bought yet and needed to know the dims. so I could start planning my stereo system around the apce back there.

RIZ
My measurements may be off a little. My radio is loud enough, and I can't hear out of my left ear.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #12
riz

Yeah, Maybe I don't need that much........ it's been many years since I owned a truck. They don't need much to thump. But then again, I like to go bigger than I need to.

RIZ
Old 11-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #13
grs

Quote:
Yeah, Maybe I don't need that much........ it's been many years since I owned a truck. They don't need much to thump. But then again, I like to go bigger than I need to.

RIZ
This may help keep the sound inside the truck. I bought the insulation at Pep Boys.
Attached Images