The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-09-2015, 09:31 PM   #1
t76turbo

Do I need lowering blocks? Dom 2600's bags

I just installed essentially the porterbuilt stage 2 rear basic kit, porterbuilt bolt in cnotch, 2600 bags. I am running factory trailing arms.

On the front I still have coils with drop spindles. Should be about 4.5 inches of drop up front I think.

I am still buttoning things up at my buddies house. But I did notice that at around 20psi the rear is a little too high. I was under the impression that this setup would be around 6 inch drop. But at even 20psi it is too high slightly.

With the setup I have now, would you typically have to run blocks to match the front?

What pressure do most run at ride height on the 2600 dominator bags on the rear of a c10 fleet.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:48 PM   #2
71swb4x4

Re: Do I need lowering blocks? Dom 2600's bags

You might have a spongy ride with 20 psi. If you are too high with 20 psi I think you will want blocks.
I think you are going to want to be around 35 psi but like everything else your mileage may vary.
IMO you should mess with the PSI and see what psi rides the best for you. Then grab the tape measure and see how big of blocks you need to add to get the drop where you want it.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:55 PM   #3
t76turbo

I am definitely going to dive it first to see what it rides best at. I also pulled out the tank from bond the seat and went under the bed with a Boyd's aluminum tank so while I had the seats out I still needed to dynamat and button some other things up.

Hopefully will be driving it late this week and ll see what the block needs to be.

I figured 35-45psi.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:02 PM   #4
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by t76turbo View Post
I am definitely going to dive it first to see what it rides best at. I also pulled out the tank from bond the seat and went under the bed with a Boyd's aluminum tank so while I had the seats out I still needed to dynamat and button some other things up.

Hopefully will be driving it late this week and ll see what the block needs to be.

I figured 35-45psi.
I agree w/71swb4x4. You'll prob want lowering blocks. The additional drop they provide will help to get that air pressure up or the ride will suffer. Your 35-45psi target is about right.

Did you bolt the bags directly to the frame or use brackets? That makes a diff as well....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:39 PM   #5
t76turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I agree w/71swb4x4. You'll prob want lowering blocks. The additional drop they provide will help to get that air pressure up or the ride will suffer. Your 35-45psi target is about right.

Did you bolt the bags directly to the frame or use brackets? That makes a diff as well....

I used the brackets that porterbuilt provides. I know I could go lower by bolting right to the notch. But wanted less holes in the frame and the upper brackets/cups make it much easier.

I'm thinking 2 inch blocks to get it level. Right now, with the bags bottomed out, the axle tubes don't even go up into the notch.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:31 PM   #6
mixermike

I have 3" blocks, dom 2600's bolted in place of the springs with no brackets.. I run 30 psi.
mixermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:01 AM   #7
t76turbo

Is your bed floor raised?

I thought at some point the differential would hit the bed floor.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:05 PM   #8
mixermike

Yes we built a tunnel between the wheel tubs for rear end
mixermike is offline   Reply With Quote